Telepsychiatry gigs in 2021 and beyond?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Red Beard

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing full time ER and hospital telepsychiatry consultation for a large non-profit health system for a little over 2 years. We work 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm on a variable schedule, and cover many hospitals over a 4 state region. Its been great having so many days off and being able to work from home, but I'm getting a little crispy doing nothing but hospital consults, particularly as we've started to serve a number of CA hospitals with crappy medical culture.

I'm thinking about cutting back on my FTE with this job and taking on some new telepsych work, preferably some kind of outpatient work. Curious if anyone here has experience with any other telepsych groups or private practice that they mind sharing? Recommendations who I might reach out to? General discussion on telepsych?

Members don't see this ad.

Some of these are more relevant than others to your question, but peppered amongst these are kernels of informative posts.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve worked with doctors on demand and researched a few others with interviews(this was pre pandemic late 2019 early 2020). I could answer some questions if you want to PM me