TAMU c/o 2028!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year they sent out acceptances and rejections January 31st

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The anticipation is nerve wracking, lol!

Reactions: 2 users
I checked my portal this morning. Theres a new section called “Interview Status” but even though I interviewed last week theres a red circle and says I wasn’t offered an interview. anyone else seeing this in their portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my portal this morning. Theres a new section called “Interview Status” but even though I interviewed last week theres a red circle and says I wasn’t offered an interview. anyone else seeing this in their portal?
Saw that too. Also interviewed, so no clue. I’m considering that “technology being weird”.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked and mine says the same thing. Probably just a glitch but could someone send an email for peace of mind? I have to get back to work lol

Okay thank you! Do we know how many interviewed? Also how many were in state vs out of state?
They have not yet updated the website for class of 27 but you can see the previous years stats

Does anyone else's portal still say that your interview status is "No" even though you did the interview?

Does anyone else's portal still say that your interview status is "No" even though you did the interview?
Yes, for me it still does. Just doing my best to try and remain patient for 4 more weeks 🙃

Speaking of the portal being weird, does y'all's glitch to a different page when you click either "My VMBS" or "Dashboard"? Mine has been doing this for awhile, and I'm just curious if that glitch exists for everyone else too.

Speaking of the portal being weird, does y'all's glitch to a different page when you click either "My VMBS" or "Dashboard"? Mine has been doing this for awhile, and I'm just curious if that glitch exists for everyone else too.
Mine does it too. Like if I try to click on either, nothing really happens. It tries to load a different page, but nothing happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine finally changed to a green check mark for interview offered. Maybe that means they’re reviewing the interviews at this point?

Considering visitation day is February 10th, do you all think we’ll hear this week? I can’t imagine they would cut it too close to the end of January.

Considering visitation day is February 10th, do you all think we’ll hear this week? I can’t imagine they would cut it too close to the end of January.
Honestly, I had January 31st in my head as the day we would hear (because that is when they heard last year), but I think you might be right. Last year they heard January 31st for a March 4th visitation day. Seems like soon would make more sense.

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully we hear sooner than later.

Anyone else still waiting for their transcripts to be marked as “received” by TMDSAS. I’m wondering if it pulls much weight in the admissions decision making.

Trying my best to be patient but as of now only 1/5 of my transcripts has been marked as received, and it wasn’t even the first one the be sent out. Hard to not feel anxious

Hopefully we hear sooner than later.

Anyone else still waiting for their transcripts to be marked as “received” by TMDSAS. I’m wondering if it pulls much weight in the admissions decision making.

Trying my best to be patient but as of now only 1/5 of my transcripts has been marked as received, and it wasn’t even the first one the be sent out. Hard to not feel anxious
Mine haven't been marked as received at all, but on parchment it says they were received so maybe they just havent updated them yet.

Same here! One of my transcripts says received in TMDSAS, but my other transcript says it's not (although in Parchment they both say delivered 😬). I was looking into it, and I think it has to do with the fact that I did not attach a "Transcript Request Form" 🥲😅, at least in my case that's what I think might be the cause. TMDSAS website mentions that they strongly recommended attaching this form in your transcript order to prevent possible delays.

If it matters to anyone, the transcript that was sent electronically was received by TMDSAS, but the one sent through mail is yet to be received by TMDSAS. I didn't do a "Transcript Request Form" for either transcript 🙂.

Same here! One of my transcripts says received in TMDSAS, but my other transcript says it's not (although in Parchment they both say delivered 😬). I was looking into it, and I think it has to do with the fact that I did not attach a "Transcript Request Form" 🥲😅, at least in my case that's what I think might be the cause. TMDSAS website mentions that they strongly recommended attaching this form in your transcript order to prevent possible delays.

If it matters to anyone, the transcript that was sent electronically was received by TMDSAS, but the one sent through mail is yet to be received by TMDSAS. I didn't do a "Transcript Request Form" for either transcript 🙂.
If it makes you feel better, I don’t think that is the problem. I included the transcript request form and both of mine say “not received” as well (even though I sent them in December and it shows received on Parchment).

I included the request form on all of my transcripts and none of them say received yet, so I think they are just behind on updating! I emailed the other day and asked if we will hear before the visitation day and they said they're working on finalizing the class "right now" so they must have everything they need for decisions!

I included the request form on all of my transcripts and none of them say received yet, so I think they are just behind on updating! I emailed the other day and asked if we will hear before the visitation day and they said they're working on finalizing the class "right now" so they must have everything they need for decisions!
Thank you for that helpful but TERRIFYING update!! I was so set on it being 1/31, and now that we’re discussing it being this week or next, I am back to obsessively checking this and the portal. Hopefully “right now” means we hear this week.

Anyone know if they are just doing emailed acceptances/rejections or phone calls as well?
Looking at previous year's threads, it looks like they only do emails.

Also looking at last year's threads, A&M requested transcripts be sent directly to them after decisions were made. That gave me a little peace about the transcripts on TMDSAS still saying "not received".

If it makes you feel better, I don’t think that is the problem. I included the transcript request form and both of mine say “not received” as well (even though I sent them in December and it shows received on Parchment).
That does make me feel better! I am upset that I forgot to do that 🥲

• Care
Oh that's very helpful! Now I feel a bit nervous yet excited to see when we will get an answer 😫

Oh that's very helpful! Now I feel a bit nervous yet excited to see when we will get an answer 😫
Same! I feel sick about it. I'm an older applicant so IS tuition would be really helpful in making sure I'm not in debt until I retire :lol:

The anxiety of waiting is killing me

Didn't apply to TAMU but I do live in College Station...a professor involved with admissions told a student today that the class has been selected. He is unsure when decisions will go out, but the deciding is done!

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't apply to TAMU but I do live in College Station...a professor involved with admissions told a student today that the class has been selected. He is unsure when decisions will go out, but the deciding is done!
Oh boy. It can't be long now, then. Can't imagine why they'd sit on it any longer if they have already made decisions. Tomorrow may be the day, guys!

Are we thinking it will be this week???
I'm really hoping so! They are cutting it awfully close to the admitted students day at this point. Luckily my job is super understanding and will let me have the day off with short notice if I get in but I know not everyone has that luxury.

Reactions: 2 users
Are we thinking it will be this week???
I hope it is today or tomorrow, but who knows. I don't see the point in sitting on the decisions if they have already finalized the class, especially with the admitted student day in 19 days...

(Not trying to sound bitter with them, I just really am ready to stop obsessing over this so I can get back to being a good student and actually graduate this semester!!!)

Have you heard any other updates since hearing this?

Aww I was expecting an exciting email today for acceptances !!!
Nothing in the inbox YET!
Anyone know if they send VERO acceptances the same day? Anyone in VERO know if they send a letter specifically stating you got into VERO, or is it an overall email and they tell you later?

Anyone know if they send VERO acceptances the same day? Anyone in VERO know if they send a letter specifically stating you got into VERO, or is it an overall email and they tell you later?
My class was the first to have the VERO cohort, our acceptance emails specifically stated 'college station campus' or 'VERO campus'

We were also all sent e-mails at the same time!

My class was the first to have the VERO cohort, our acceptance emails specifically stated 'college station campus' or 'VERO campus'

We were also all sent e-mails at the same time!
I have nothing to add to this but I love your username lol nothing like a good sloth pun

• Love

Hopefully soon I keep checking my email every hour haha

How bad is it to call the admissions office and ask when they anticipate releasing decisions? Other than the suspense just eating at me, if I get in, I kinda need to plan to go there for the admitted students weekend. I'm an in state applicant but don't attend school there so... yeah, having some time to plan within a budget sure is appreciated.

Edit: I just read this VMCAS Questions and Rants c/o 2029

So I guess I will hold my horses, cool my jets, and try to remain patient. But I sure would like to know if I'm accepted or not. :1geek:

Last edited:
How bad is it to call the admissions office and ask when they anticipate releasing decisions? Other than the suspense just eating at me, if I get in, I kinda need to plan to go there for the admitted students weekend. I'm an in state applicant but don't attend school there so... yeah, having some time to plan within a budget sure is appreciated.

So I guess I will hold my horses, cool my jets, and try to remain patient. But I sure would like to know if I'm accepted or not. :1geek:

I’m OOS so I am worried about this as well

I don't think it would be rude to call and ask. Like you, I am an IS applicant but go to school OOS. Thankfully I have family in the area and a flexible enough job here that I can make it work last minute if need be, but I know a lot of applicants don't have that luxury.