MD Taking a lot of time creating anki cards [HELP]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how i can make anki cards faster

Every day : from monday to sunday, they teach us like at minimum +150 slides ( 2 lectures per day ) but it takes me like 4-5 hours straight to make anki cards + 4 hours to review old and new cards = almost 9 hours a day !!!

How can i speed up the process ?? I can't seem to complete what i have to do every single day

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone explain to me how i can make anki cards faster

Every day : from monday to sunday, they teach us like at minimum +150 slides ( 2 lectures per day ) but it takes me like 4-5 hours straight to make anki cards + 4 hours to review old and new cards = almost 9 hours a day !!!

How can i speed up the process ?? I can't seem to complete what i have to do every single day
I'm not sure how you're using Anki, but it definitely shouldn't be taking you that long. I use Anki a ton, but only for straight memorization facts. I don't use it much for stuff like physiology, because you should be understanding that, not memorizing it. But it's great for pharmacology. I make cards for drug class, MOA, etc. Maybe try cutting back on the amount of cards you're making. I have around 2000 cards (I keep old decks from previous units to review every day for step), but it only takes me about 45 mins a day to get through them, not including learning new ones.

You just need to do it more efficiently, check out the official anki thread for more advise, but a few important rules are:
1. Not everything needs to have a card
2. Cards are useful for memorization, but are not the only thing to use, you should be understanding and studying physio and patho as well.
3. Use images, i personally add a bit of first aid to each card i make as that will allow me to remember the high yield material.
4. Dont make cards that are common sense, don't waste time making a card that you already know: i.e. What is the inheritance of ADPKD? That doesnt need a card.

I started out slow too, you just need practice.
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.