Swedish Covenant Endeavor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NightyNight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know the status at Swedish Covenant in Chicago now that it’s owned by Endeavor? I know it went through bunch of changes. No idea about their staffing model and how it affects their physicians being on call or late.

Members don't see this ad.

They don’t need any as of now. Talked to an old resident last night. She says that Endeavor hires anesthesia docs and then shuffles them through their sites but tries give everyone a home base of sorts. They plan to do 1 CRNA and 1 doc in-house with backup from home if something at same time. So Endeavor will be mostly supervision with little solo probably as time goes on.

Gotta live on the North side to be driving everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked there a few years ago when they first got taken over by northshore (now endeavor or whatever bull**** branding they chose). Worst experience of my professional life. I worked there a total of 6 months (full time employed, put my notice in 3 months after starting of that tells you anything). Everybody there from the chief (who is no longer there) to OR managers to administration were some of the scummiest pieces of garbage I’ve ever met in my life. The patient population is atrocious unless you enjoy not being able to converse with your patients due to everybody having a language barrier and needing translating services. OB is a busy cluster. I would rather work at McDonalds than be there.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Language barrier if anything but Spanish would be an issue. Unless they got a translator running around. Wonder if the OR manager is still there

OR manager got fired I believe. And no, Spanish wouldn’t help much. Think Tagalog, Vietnamese, Urdu, mandarin, Arabic. And there are no in house translators. Just some floating ipads and phones. Delays for not being able to discuss a goddamn thing with people were common.

Reactions: 1 user
How about acuity? Cases after 5pm? Did they limit non emergent stuff? OB a cluster cuz it’s busy or lack of proper system for like notifying for sections? Epidurals don’t bother me.

With new leadership at Endeavor, has it improved at all the sites?

Anyone here that works with them now? You can send me a PM.

All I know is new leadership doesn’t discuss pay until you interview. Same for the other sites. Don't know if they have different plans for the other hospitals.

I only found out maybe 420-430 plus incentives to get to 500s. Not sure what that means

Last edited:
All I know is new leadership doesn’t discuss pay until you interview. Same for the other sites. Don't know if they have different plans for the other hospitals.

I only found out maybe 420-430 plus incentives to get to 500s. Not sure what that means
lol! Never a good sign if they won’t divulge pay up front!! At least some sort of general idea?

Reactions: 2 users
OR manager got fired I believe. And no, Spanish wouldn’t help much. Think Tagalog, Vietnamese, Urdu, mandarin, Arabic. And there are no in house translators. Just some floating ipads and phones. Delays for not being able to discuss a goddamn thing with people were common.
I'd take foreign patients over ghetto, harrasing, English speaking patients in Chicago any day

Reactions: 1 users
Ha. Which ghetto hospital were you at? Wanna avoid that place. lol
I’ve gotten patients like that at all big city hospitals I work at. Now I am at a smaller place outside of the city and I’ve noticed patient interactions are generally much more pleasant and less stressful.

Edit: and I grew up going to public schools in literal ghetto by project housing, so I am not some super sheltered individual who is seeing all this for the first time.

No Cyracom?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I know a few years ago before endevor had taken control of the anesthesia the offer was not much better than a partner track position except it didn't lead to partnership. It was strange because the Swedish cov website states how they take care of physicians and base pay on mgma. The offer at the time was actually below 50 percent mgma with hours likely higher.

I know a few years ago before endevor had taken control of the anesthesia the offer was not much better than a partner track position except it didn't lead to partnership. It was strange because the Swedish cov website states how they take care of physicians and base pay on mgma. The offer at the time was actually below 50 percent mgma with hours likely higher.
Where is this Endeavor site with MGMA data? Either way, it does matter how many hours you have to work to get it. Some forum ppl are quoting high numbers. Maybe it’s because Chicago gets a giant discount