SUNY Downstate OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caduceus27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anybody know why it is taking so long for Downstate to start interviews. i am quite anxoius since I applied more than 2 months ago and did not get an answer till now. I called the department and they said that they did not start interviews yet. so whats going on??

Members don't see this ad.

I would not worry. I actually applied there as well and just found out (by email) that I have an interview in about two weeks. Have you heard anything yet?

I didn't receive anything till now. I was thinking to call them again what is going on. I have a friend that was interviewed on the 17th of november by professor Sabel. I think they distribute the applications among faculty members so my application is probably with a faculty member that just did not get to my application yet. Who emailed you that is probably the person who is going to interview you. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got interview from SUNY downstate OT december 4 anybody else got interviews from downstate or any other university???

Does anyone know how many people are accepted into the master's OT program? How many people apply?

I have a degree is Pyschology, currently work as a vision therapist, and over 40 hours of OT shadowing, BUT, I live in PA and plan to move to NY. I hear NY residents receive priority over out of state.

Does anyone have any more insight? Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I was waitlisted at Downstate for the OT Masters program starting Summer 09. Anyone else in this situation? It has been a couple months since I found out I was on the waitlist and I haven't heard anything about another decision yet.

Just wondering if anyone else had any idea on when we find out if we actually got into the program.

Thanks in advance for your help and good luck!

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I was waitlisted at Downstate for the OT Masters program starting Summer 09. Anyone else in this situation? It has been a couple months since I found out I was on the waitlist and I haven't heard anything about another decision yet.

Just wondering if anyone else had any idea on when we find out if we actually got into the program.

Thanks in advance for your help and good luck!

hi

Downstate does take its time with these kind of things, it took about 4 months for them to call me for an interview and I applied very early. If it makes you feel any better a couple of people that I know including myself( though I will not be attending columbia) were accepted to the columbia University program so they will decline a seat in the downstate OT program which leaves space for people who are waitlisted. It all depends on how far down you are on that list and how fast people decide to decline a spot in the program. I wish you the very best of luck. take care.