Summer Research Project

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunawayGrape

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS1 looking for a summer research project right now in a competitive specialty that I'm interested in, and I've been reaching out to some professors for opportunities. One of the professors who got back to me is the chairman of my home department, and he said he has an idea for a literature-based study where we look for certain trends to identify the most-cited publications within the specialty.

Is this a project I should pursue? Would a publication of this nature be useful, or should I look for projects more clinical in nature?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it would be helpful...any research will be helpful. If you can get this chairman to know you by doing research with him then I say go for it. Connections>>>>research

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an MS1 looking for a summer research project right now in a competitive specialty that I'm interested in, and I've been reaching out to some professors for opportunities. One of the professors who got back to me is the chairman of my home department, and he said he has an idea for a literature-based study where we look for certain trends to identify the most-cited publications within the specialty.

Is this a project I should pursue? Would a publication of this nature be useful, or should I look for projects more clinical in nature?

Chairman = yes. You can always pick up side projects along the way or later down the road. The earlier you build relationships with people who can make calls for you the better.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should also definitely do this because it's an easy publication. It's a quick project which is super important for a summer one