Submitted Podiatry App, Am i Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepodchi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
New to the forum... I recently decided on podiatry as a career option. I just completed my 2o hours of podiatry schadowing. I graduated from a competitive ivy league school. Currently taking a gap year working at a big pharma company. My stats are as follows:
Sci gpa: 3.40
Non-sci: 3.62
cum: 3.48
Mcat: 504

I have leadership extra curriculars, volunteer, research etc. I submitted my app on feb 9th. Scholl is my top choice as it is right next to where I live and where I grew up. Should I already prepare myself to apply next cycle or will I still have a shot at interviews/acceptances.
any constructive advice is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Scholl did a front heavy interview season this year, but I still think you can get an interview with a feb application. Good luck!

I think you'll be fine this year. If not, keep shadowing and doing podiatry activities and you'll be golden for next year

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you still have time if you submit ASAP. Priority deadline for most is April 1st. So submit it as soon as you can because it still takes a couple of weeks to get verified. I had lower stats than you and I got invites already. I think you should be fine!

Thank you for all the input. I submitted the app, but am still waiting for it to be verified. hopefully I can provide some good news soon!

As big of a class size as Scholl has I think you have a great chance, even this late. I've read of people applying as late as June 1st and being accepted by June 30th. You have very solid stats compared to their program averages. Plus I'm sure they'll think its neat you're an Ivy Leaguer.

How long does it normally take to hear back for interviews?

Thanks again for all the responses! VERY much appreciated

I heard back from Scholl in 10 days. Another person on here heard back from them the next day. I think on average people hear back within a week or two from schools.

After you are verified it should be within the same week. I heard back within a day or two so it was very quick in my case

Hey guys, just posted on the official thread. but I just got into Barry with scholarship. Wanted to update here for students who might look at this thread later for a time frame reference of the application process.
Thanks for the encouraging words!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, just posted on the official thread. but I just got into Barry with scholarship. Wanted to update here for students who might look at this thread later for a time frame reference of the application process.
Thanks for the encouraging words!!
Congratulations! And welcome to the podiatry club!