Strongly considering applying to Perio residency and I need some insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girldmd25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm considering applying to Perio Residency and I would like some help with where to obtain some information about Perio residency programs other than school websites and ADEA PASS; I have seen several programs offering MS and others offering a certificate; I would love to know which programs are school-based or hospital-based. I would like to do my homework before talking to my perio faculty in school even though at this point it seems obvious my interest. There are other factors I want to weigh before making my final decision and before asking faculty for help so any input will be appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

As a general rule, most (maybe all at this point?) programs offer at least an MS, and most are school based (VA programs being the general exception). Wouldn't hurt talking to your faculty and asking them what they know about various programs. Once you narrow down a list, reach out to current residents to know more.