Stimwave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Pretty crazy. I have done some cases. Always used the copper wire but they did instruct us to trim it which apparently might render it useless.

My guess is that in some situations you can stimulate right over the microchip and not use the receiver antenna wire. A dummy antenna was likely inserted and cut and I bet it was still billed as a “receiver implant”.
Crazy stuff. I’ve implanted 3 of these several years ago and used the receiver antenna…. Seemed to work well and patients liked them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Greed will ruin…is ruining…has ruined?…this field.

Holy crap!

I met Laura. She bought me a nice dinner as she told me about her product.

I never got around to trying it though, so I guess it was a wasted dinner for them.

I think I got the scallops.

Reactions: 3 users
Holy crap!

I met Laura. She bought me a nice dinner as she told me about her product.

I never got around to trying it though, so I guess it was a wasted dinner for them.

I think I got the scallops.
That was probably the nail in the coffin for them. “How can we afford these $35 scallops? How….” she asked herself, as she stared at those flat, white discs of meat. Then a lightbulb…

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Seen patient was inserted 4 leads in the back in one surgery, felt really crazy.

This is concerning. I have been implantimg stimwave for 4 months only. I have never seen a white stylit. It's always pink copper. Also we were told by Stimwave we can cut the pink stylet only distally past the silver marker otherwise conductivity drops when the lead is too short.

I have been getting excellent results especially for knee pain. I even document Womac pre and post procedure and the improvement of pain and function is remarkable. I hope the new company that bought them , Curonix , is not shady. However they still charge 16500.

Reactions: 1 user
This is concerning. I have been implantimg stimwave for 4 months only. I have never seen a white stylit. It's always pink copper. Also we were told by Stimwave we can cut the pink stylet only distally past the silver marker otherwise conductivity drops when the lead is too short.

I have been getting excellent results especially for knee pain. I even document Womac pre and post procedure and the improvement of pain and function is remarkable. I hope the new company that bought them , Curonix , is not shady. However they still charge 16500.
Folie a deux. It is a beautiful thing when it happens.

Clearly stimwave is a dumpster fire and deserving of everything comes their way. However, the DOJ has become a revenue producing division of the government. Specifically attacking doctors and companies for financial gain.

Last edited:
Can't wait for Reactiv8 next. Too much nonsense.

That was probably the nail in the coffin for them. “How can we afford these $35 scallops? How….” she asked herself, as she stared at those flat, white discs of meat. Then a lightbulb…

It was definitely the scallops. Seafood is closely linked to criminal activity.

Stimwave went bankrupt and was rebranded as Curonix with the same people that had forced the prior CEO out.

The problem with this system's design is that it is built to game the AMA/CPT system. That copper stylet is all that clearly allows them to bill for the inductive coupling system, while the communication directly to the receiver built into the lead doesn't seem to clear AMA's bar.

It's weird to me, but I'm not part of the AMA/RUC or whoever decides this stupidity. I'd do more Nalu, but the Stimwave/Curonix MRI labeling is top notch for PNS.

I wonder now if that's faked too though.