Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

layne20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have already taken Step 3 of the USMLE, I was just wondering approximately how long it took to get your scores back? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do they only release scores on Wednesdays, like Steps 1 and 2? Any replies would be appreciated!

It took about 8 weeks for me to get my Step 3 scores back. I do know people that got scores in about 3-4 weeks.

Not really sure when they score and release the transcripts though.

Good luck if you are still waiting.

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=20049323

Thanks for the reply! I took mine June 25/27, so it has been about 3.5 weeks so far. I sure hope it doesn't take eight weeks for mine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case anyone else is wondering about this, I took my USMLE Step 3 on June 25/27, and my score report was released today, July 27.

I am still waiting for my score report, supposedly mine was processed 07/20/05 per the NBME website. Have you received your report?

Yes, I received my score report in the mail yesterday, July 29. I think I would contact them!

layne20 said:
Yes, I received my score report in the mail yesterday, July 29. I think I would contact them!

While we're on the topic I have a quick question. When during your intern year should/could you take Step 3? As far as I know, as long as you've passed 1 and 2 you can take 3 whenever you want, but when would one feel comfortable enough to take it during intern year? My program is kinda "suggesting" that I take it ASAP when my schedule permits...thoughts???

I took mine on June 25/27, before I even started my internship on July 1. I studied a couple hours a day for about 2 weeks, and I passed just fine. I am sure you will, too. Of course, if you wait until the end of the intern year, you might be able to pull off a really stellar score, but I, personally, would rather take a few points off just to have the thing out of the way. I hope this helps.