Step 3 takers???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lu2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 3 months into my medical internship, and I'm not doing internal medicine for the rest of my residency. Anyone else in the same boat? WHen will you be taking your Step 3?

Members don't see this ad.

:confused: I want to take step 3 near the end of my intern year. Any suggestions as to how long one needs for prep and what do you use. Crush, Kaplan???
Thanks

im in the same boat and just started studying today, taking the exam in approx 2 weeks. doesnt look like it will be too difficult, especially when you are just trying to pass instead of do well, i plan on doing some light reading of first aid and doing the qbank questions, taking it very easy though, no stress for me! the cd that comes from usmle has sample ccs cases on it which are good as well

can you take step 3 at the end of your 4th year (of medical school)? i would like to get done plus after step1, step 2 CK and CS - I never want to take another f'in standardized test again. the sooner i get it over with the happier i will be. since i am bassically done after christmas might be nice after the match to go ahead and take it if possible. do you have to be enrolled in your internship to be able to register?

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont believe you do, check out fsmb.org and look at the specific state requirements, i forget if they said anything about actually being in a residency program to take the test, and if you can find even 1 state that allows people who havent graduated to take it then you can register for the exam through that state and still take it where you live, its the best scam going. stupid states like new york want you to fork over another 700 bones for a license application when you can just sign up through another state and just pay the base price!

dude1 said:
i dont believe you do, check out fsmb.org and look at the specific state requirements, i forget if they said anything about actually being in a residency program to take the test, and if you can find even 1 state that allows people who havent graduated to take it then you can register for the exam through that state and still take it where you live, its the best scam going. stupid states like new york want you to fork over another 700 bones for a license application when you can just sign up through another state and just pay the base price!

good idea thanks for the info guy...