Step 3 Study Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a review book to take notes in alongside UWorld as I start preparing for the USMLE Step 3 exam. I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions (FirstAid, etc.)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for a review book to take notes in alongside UWorld as I start preparing for the USMLE Step 3 exam. I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions (FirstAid, etc.)

Thanks!
There's no good review book.

UW First Aid is too full of Step 1 material which is too low yield. Will some things appear verbatim from First Aid Step 1 on the real deal? Probably, but you don't have the time to look through that behemoth and need to rely on your memory to come through for you.

Master the Boards by Conrad Fischer. It's too much to read and has some esoteric points IMO.

USMLE First Aid for Step 3: It's kind of in a painful format. You can find a PDF and Ctrl+F and use it as a reference. You have limited time to do all this.

Solution: Watch a comprehensive video series. I like MedQuest by Conrad Fischer because he's better in person than text and also OME is another option but not as comprehensive.

Reactions: 1 user