Step 2 in 3 weeks - Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucladukes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am at that point where I don't think I will be able to get in everything I want before the test, so I have to cut some things, but am not sure what. I was wondering if any of you have taken the Step 2 had any thoughts.

I have already done about 1100 of Kaplan's Q Bank
I have done 200 of USMLE World

In the next three weeks I wanted to:

Finish USMLE World - 100q's/day
Take both NMBE self assessments
Do NMS Step II Book - 5 tests

Obviously, not enough time to do that all.
I have heard good things about the NMS book so I was wondering if it was a good idea to cut back on USMLE world Q's to accomodate NMS and the Self assessments. Basically, I would end up doing only 1100-1400 of the USMLE world Q/s.

My goal is to do really well (240+), not just pass.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice/input

Members don't see this ad.

ucladukes said:
Hi everyone,

I am at that point where I don't think I will be able to get in everything I want before the test, so I have to cut some things, but am not sure what. I was wondering if any of you have taken the Step 2 had any thoughts.

I have already done about 1100 of Kaplan's Q Bank
I have done 200 of USMLE World

In the next three weeks I wanted to:

Finish USMLE World - 100q's/day
Take both NMBE self assessments
Do NMS Step II Book - 5 tests

Obviously, not enough time to do that all.
I have heard good things about the NMS book so I was wondering if it was a good idea to cut back on USMLE world Q's to accomodate NMS and the Self assessments. Basically, I would end up doing only 1100-1400 of the USMLE world Q/s.

My goal is to do really well (240+), not just pass.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice/input

Try posting in the Step 2 and 3 subforum.