USMLE Step 2 CK release for rank list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti-PD1

Brain/Spine/Nerves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank lists are due Feb 21st, which is a Wednesday.

When's the latest I can take Step 2 CK if I want scores to be available by then?

One program on my list requires it. Of course.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably the week of Jan 21. They release scores in 3-4 weeks. Is it common to require Step 2 CK for ranking? What specialty is this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rank lists are due Feb 21st, which is a Wednesday.

When's the latest I can take Step 2 CK if I want scores to be available by then?

One program on my list requires it. Of course.

I thought all programs require Step 2 CK just to get an interview? How did you get interviews without having CK scores?
Is it really possible. I'm in the same situation as you, but I didn't get any interviews without CK scores. I had everything else in.

I thought all programs require Step 2 CK just to get an interview? How did you get interviews without having CK scores?
Is it really possible. I'm in the same situation as you, but I didn't get any interviews without CK scores. I had everything else in.

It's very specialty dependant. I'm applying to nsurg.

It's very specialty dependant. I'm applying to nsurg.

Are you a US grad?
Because from the information I was given at my med school, everyone should have their scores in by a certain date for the programs to even give an interview including IM and FM programs.

Are you a US grad?
Because from the information I was given at my med school, everyone should have their scores in by a certain date for the programs to even give an interview including IM and FM programs.
Yes, I'm a 4th year US AMG.