Step 1 Anatomy: Depth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foot Fetish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What resources are recommended for anatomy on Step 1 if you're aiming for a super high score (260+)? I feel like First Aid and UWorld are not enough.

I am thinking I might use Kaplan Lecture Notes or BRS Gross Anatomy. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I know you want to maximize your score, but anatomy is such a small percentage of Step 1 that focusing on it will only serve to take time away from more important subjects including path, micro and pharm. First Aid and UWorld really are enough. (One could make an argument for Neuro Made Ridiculously Simple for someone not too strong in neuroanatomy, but I have a feeling that's not you).

I agree with ortnakas. You can't really afford to waste time with anatomy specific resources. FA and UWorld will cover the most likely anatomy that you will see; however you will get a few questions that you didn't come across during your Step 1 studying. I recall 2 or so anatomy questions that required in depth first year anatomy knowledge. I scored in mid 260's and did not use anything outside of UFAPS.

Reactions: 2 users