State dental license-Nevada/Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beijingdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been practicing for a while and am thinking to apply for a Nevada dental license. Does anyone know if there is any opportunity in the Las Vegas area for dentists? I mean, it is a hassle and cost 2000 dollars to apply for this license. Any input will be appreciated. thanks! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Las Vegas native. I graduate from UNLV dental school 3 years ago. I DID NOT get my NV license. I moved out of state because I saw what was coming. Since I left Vegas, the town has fallen apart. Housing dropped by more then 50%, unemployment is at 14%, the state has no money and crime is at an all time high. Dental practices have not been shielded from the mess. Many of my classmates who stayed in Vegas have since moved away. My Dad is a bankruptcy attorney in Vegas and he has filed bankruptcy for a number of practices this last year. Some of these had been doing gangbusters in previous years. The dental school puts out 75 dentists every year... less then half will stay. The NV board accepts the WREB which has meant an influx of dentists. The Vegas population is shrinking.

So......

You decide. I am sure there are some opportunities in town. Only buy a practice if you get a killer deal. You will be able to buy a cheap house. I'm sure there are a few guys that are still doing okay but I left Vegas for all the reasons I posted above.

Good Luck.

I was wondering this same question, 11 years later. Anybody know the state of dentistry in Nevada these days?