Sponsored by Harvard faculty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Harvard's postbacc program seems like a good option. The program looks strong and very helpful. What excatly does being sponsored by the faculty mean though, I was reading their website and they didnt really go into much detail. Do any of their students get HMS inteviews or is it mostly other schools?

peace

Members don't see this ad.

Being sponsored basically means that they will write a composite letter of recommendation for your med school apps (based on recommendations from your professors). There are no consortial options between Harvard Extension School and any med schools as far as I know. If you are an exceptional applicant and happen to apply to Harvard Medical school, I'm sure you'd be as likely to get an interview there as anyone, but I don't think that completing this program will give you any real advantage otherwise. It sounds like it is a respected program, however, and I think that they have had applicants accepted at schools all over the country. Hope this helps.

There are a lot of people on these boards who have taken their post-pac at Harvard and have gotten into top tier schools. They have a good following but the attrition I hear is brutal. I start next fall (just accepted), so I'm prepping ahead. Good luck.:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I had the $ to attend Harvard's post bac program :(. At least we've got great public schools here in CA :laugh:.

I'm in CA as well-the south. Are you going to a CC? I only ask because all of the UC's and CSU's except for one was closed to post-bacs and 2nd bachelors until 2005 if they offered them any longer at all because of the crazy budget cuts.