Spartan Health Sciences University officially loses CAAM-HP accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gambino.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just two months after "quashing" rumors, Spartan has officially lost CAAM-HP accreditation and does not currently have ACCM accreditation. Looks like it's probably the end of the road, bye bye.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
From the document:
The Board, after careful consideration, was unable to grant any form of accreditation to the School. The Board concluded that SHSUSOM has made little effort to meet or maintain the standards required for accreditation and showed reckless disregard for the welfare of its students and its staff. It was agreed that the students in the final year of the programme who would be disadvantaged, should be allowed to transfer to another accredited school. Given the exceptional circumstances, the Board agreed to waive the regulation prohibiting student transfers in the final year.
Ouch.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like it's probably the end of the road, bye bye.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions until we see the ACCM outcome. It seems there is a trend of schools moving away from CAAM-HP for various reasons. CAAM-HP may be doing more harm than good, that's my thought. Although the student welfare comment is a tad bit scary, whatever it truly means.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't jump to conclusions until we see the ACCM outcome. It seems there is a trend of schools moving away from CAAM-HP for various reasons. CAAM-HP may be doing more harm than good, that's my thought. Although the student welfare comment is a tad bit scary, whatever it truly means.
CAAM-HP appears to be stricter than ACCM, which I don't think is a bad thing but does raise potential issues as to ACCM's criteria as CAAM-HP already gives new schools and in trouble schools several years to get their stuff together.

I believe that when schools are given ample time to improve but fail to do so, it becomes a significant concern, and there should be consequences. Losing accreditation from CAAM-HP could serve as a wake-up call for Spartan to improve, especially if they are pursuing accreditation from ACCM instead. However, the increasing number of schools that have either withdrawn from CAAM-HP or added ACCM accreditation raises concerns about CAAM-HP.

For instance, I find it puzzling that schools like AUA, which may be one of CAAM-HP's biggest "clients," have been re-accredited without any stipulations despite having high attrition rates and many damning stories that have been posted. This, for example, suggests that attrition rates, which are a significant issue, may not be adequately addressed. Such inconsistencies raise red flags, especially considering that CAAM-HP charges fees based on the number of students enrolled, which could potentially incentivize them to favor schools with larger populations.

Who knows. I don't know much about Spartan, but I wish them well as they pursue ACCM.

I believe that when schools are given ample time to improve but fail to do so, it becomes a significant concern, and there should be consequences. Losing accreditation from CAAM-HP could serve as a wake-up call for Spartan to improve, especially if they are pursuing accreditation from ACCM instead. However, the increasing number of schools that have either withdrawn from CAAM-HP or added ACCM accreditation raises concerns about CAAM-HP.

For instance, I find it puzzling that schools like AUA, which may be one of CAAM-HP's biggest "clients," have been re-accredited without any stipulations despite having high attrition rates and many damning stories that have been posted. This, for example, suggests that attrition rates, which are a significant issue, may not be adequately addressed. Such inconsistencies raise red flags, especially considering that CAAM-HP charges fees based on the number of students enrolled, which could potentially incentivize them to favor schools with larger populations.

Who knows. I don't know much about Spartan, but I wish them well as they pursue ACCM.
Their website has been shutdown, their FB profile picture was changed to a photo of wood pallets on fire as their last update, and the IG hasn't been active for a year. I believe Spartan is done for good.

I guess that's that if that's the case...