Technology Software/Program for Organizing Tasks, Scheduling, Planning...etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowhite

Sweet and Innocent
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for some kind of computer software or online program which will allow me to do most of these things:

*use as a planner (write and check off things to do, birthdays, Test dates, appointments, etc. etc.)
*Collect and organize birthdays
*Give out alarms and reminders when certain things need to be done
*Remind me when bills are due

Essentially, I want a computer-based daily/weekly/monthly task planner to use instead of a written planner or a PDA (I just broke my PDA and didn't really use it all that much anyway-I don't want to spend the money to buy another one just yet). I have the software that came with my PDA installed, and although it's close to what I want, it's kinda limited in what it can do. For instance, it won't send alarms out. Since I will be glued to my computer it makes sense to get a planner that's on my computer.

Can anyone recommend anything out there that may serve these purposes? I tried downloading WinOrganizer from download.com, but I don't really think I like the layout and the interface. Maybe it just takes getting adjusting to. *shrugs* Anyway, if you guys know of anything, please let me know. With classes beginning shortly, I want to start being organized and stop being the slacker that I tend to be. Might as well start off on the right foot.

Members don't see this ad.

southerndoc said:
For some reason I thought you had a Mac. Macs come with iCal, which does all of the above (and syncs with your PDA, mobile phone, and all your computers [laptop, desktop, etc.]).

I use Outlook and sync to my Pocket PC PDA. PocketBreeze is a wonderful Today screen program that helps me stay organized.

Members don't see this ad :)
PsychFuture said:
I use Outlook and sync to my Pocket PC PDA. PocketBreeze is a wonderful Today screen program that helps me stay organized.
Outlook does have a better calendar program that Palm's Desktop program.

The ActiveSync sync program is nice that it continuously syncs, but I had so many problems with it when I used Windows. I think it just didn't like my hp iPAQ 4155.

snowy, def. go with Outlook. it does everything. keeps me organized. :)

i highlight all exams in red and birthdays are automatically added to the calendar when you add a new person in your contacts.

Dallenoff said:
snowy, def. go with Outlook. it does everything. keeps me organized. :)

i highlight all exams in red and birthdays are automatically added to the calendar when you add a new person in your contacts.

^ agreed. I use Outlook as well and find it extremely helpful in keeping my plans in organization. It seems to be a simpler program too. Good luck!

Karen :)

I use my Google account on android with TypeApp, Business Calendar & G Tasks apps. In windows I use Outlook, Google calendar and a shortcut to my Google tasks.