So i had a phone interview today......lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With WAGS down in Florida. They seem to only be wanting somone to "float" at this point. I went through a series of behavioral and skill related questions...etc. But in the end they know i am a PIC for WM in CO. They know i can move on a dime, and i'm highly skilled. I don't see why they would not hire me, however i stressed the point that i was willing to relocate (at my own expense), take a pay cut, and a demotion, with no hesitation to join a successful company like walgreens!(lol). The only thing i asked was " can we maybe arrange a position with SOME security to it?, because it would be tragic to move down to my friends and family, and have the position be eliminated at some point due to restructure. They all agreed with me, but somehow i got the feeling they are just looking for people to burn out quick ya know? they are not interested in talent, or skill set.

What you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean nothing to Walgreens and will be easily replaceable.

Reactions: 6 users
With WAGS down in Florida. They seem to only be wanting somone to "float" at this point. I went through a series of behavioral and skill related questions...etc. But in the end they know i am a PIC for WM in CO. They know i can move on a dime, and i'm highly skilled. I don't see why they would not hire me, however i stressed the point that i was willing to relocate (at my own expense), take a pay cut, and a demotion, with no hesitation to join a successful company like walgreens!(lol). The only thing i asked was " can we maybe arrange a position with SOME security to it?, because it would be tragic to move down to my friends and family, and have the position be eliminated at some point due to restructure. They all agreed with me, but somehow i got the feeling they are just looking for people to burn out quick ya know? they are not interested in talent, or skill set.

What you guys think?

You're crazy if you give up your $70/hr full-time PIC WMT job for a WAG float job.
That WAG float job will be there if and when WMT shows you the door.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're crazy if you give up your $70/hr full-time PIC WMT job for a WAG float job.

I agree a 100%

Reactions: 1 users
this is just a test of the market, which as per usual is drowning....

What you guys think?

They aren't looking for talent or skill set... that's why they are wanting someone to just float. That's what I'm thinking at least. If they wanted someone with good experience, they would have posted a different opening for PIC or staff at a designated store.

I would only consider this if I had all my debt paid off and I was financially stable so that I would move to live closer to friends/family

Last edited:
This may be the harshest thing I have ever heard you say about WG. Did someone hack your account? ;)

Eh I've always been on the side of too many pharmacists. Not so much a hit on Walgreens, just that floaters aren't safe and will be the first to go.

It's foolish also to go from Walmart to Walgreens. This guy still doesn't realize how easy he has it with Walmart. He doesn't realize his techs aren't efficient and would drown at Walgreens where training is key.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You got one thing right. Chain retail does not care about talent or skill set.

Reactions: 1 user
Especially as a floater in Florida. It’s no cakewalk.

Yeah as soon as i mentioned job "stability" as something of importance, and how i would not want to get caught up in restructuring as we all have been these last few months, they got quiet, nothing to say really. The general message was put accross clear though... "You need a talented pharmacist? I will work for you, if you provide a stable position", .....It's got the subtle undertones of a powerful message....... ya hear it? Its basically, you have nothing to offer me at this point. lol. I suppose if i were desparate and out of a job, i would take something? but nah....not gonna jump just yet. OH and CVS called me today to set up an intreview. I'm gonna tease around with them, but considering she wanted me to come "IN" for an interview in Florida, I would say they have not even taken a proper look at my resume! idots........I'll call them tomorrow, i was trout fishing today, no time ......lol

Especially as a floater in Florida. It’s no cakewalk.

I grew up in Florida man....try floating out in the mountains here in colorado, especially in winter. My staff pharm hit a 1000 lb elk and totaled his lexus last year...thank god he was fine

Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in Florida man....try floating out in the mountains here in colorado, especially in winter. My staff pharm hit a 1000 lb elk and totaled his lexus last year...thank god he was fine

Ouch. Florida is a hot bed for crazy people (IE all the Florida Man stories we hear about) and snow birds/angry boomers who are always mad about something.

I hope OP doesn't actually think he has the upperhand here.

"however i stressed the point that i was willing to relocate (at my own expense), take a pay cut, and a demotion, with no hesitation to join a successful company like walgreens!"

Strong negotiation skills dude

Reactions: 3 users
You easily lose 2~3 hours a day driving around as floater in south florida

Eh I've always been on the side of too many pharmacists. Not so much a hit on Walgreens, just that floaters aren't safe and will be the first to go.

It's foolish also to go from Walmart to Walgreens. This guy still doesn't realize how easy he has it with Walmart. He doesn't realize his techs aren't efficient and would drown at Walgreens where training is key.
I thought your account got hacked too...lol

OP what’s your story? If you are from Florida why did you move to Colorado? Is there where you received the job offer and then settled? Just curious

"however i stressed the point that i was willing to relocate (at my own expense), take a pay cut, and a demotion, with no hesitation to join a successful company like walgreens!"

Strong negotiation skills dude

It was a lure.... i'm only testing them. im not going anywhere. UNLESS they offer something magical. And what makes you think WE have ANY negotiaion room in this market anyway? I just want a staff spot with less responsibility ya know? with secure hours. And i know they cannot offer me that, or i dont expect they will.

OP what’s your story? If you are from Florida why did you move to Colorado? Is there where you received the job offer and then settled? Just curious

Nah i was with publix for 4 years, then finally got pissed and took MPJE CO in 2017, found a manager spot with WM, good pay, and got in the car ....bam..been here since. It's really quite beautiful. I love the outdoors stuff too ya know? camping, hiking, fishing! nice trout fishing up here...and the mountains are beyond amazing man....I would totally stay here, if my family and friends were not in florida, but mostly because the job is so unstable, we wont settle down and have a family here....I have seen too many people come out here, BUY a home, HAVE a kid, and BAM! hours or total position cut.....So my wife and i are saving and strategizing an EXIT . We thought maybe a dispensary, maybe coin laundromats, but now wanting to head back to Florida to do that. Her parents are well off, and willing to help us get started. Mine arent hurting either...and they want us out of corporate america. They see us suffering. Thats all i have to say about that.......lol

Guys, I'm just exhausted and burnt out.....i want out. I know you do too, and if you could you would. It seems like all these companies are doing is pushing us to the breaking point, threatening to hold people "accountable", and thats about it. This is no way to live...My wife is from europe and we are strongly considering leaving the US if we cannot make a peaceful existence here. I can have dual citezenship. So nothing is off the table right now, but one thing is for sure....we WILL NOT continue living this life of unstable uncertainty for the little bit we have left on this planet! lol. You understand?

Agreed, staying put. just testing the waters....

It was a lure.... i'm only testing them. im not going anywhere. UNLESS they offer something magical. And what makes you think WE have ANY negotiaion room in this market anyway? I just want a staff spot with less responsibility ya know? with secure hours. And i know they cannot offer me that, or i dont expect they will.

My point is you want something magical, yet you told them the opposite... you'd be willing to basically sacrifice everything just to move down there is how it comes off.

My point is you want something magical, yet you told them the opposite... you'd be willing to basically sacrifice everything just to move down there is how it comes off.

Yes, thats how it was supposed to be. I simply wanted to see their offer and i got it....lol 62hr/2 week and 54.00/hr home store south florida, but floating...its getting nasty by me but as of yet my job is not in trouble so like myself and everyone seem to agree, i will stay until they start pushing me out....if that even happens right? why give up 70/hr and almost 200 hr PTO now for that? that said, i am getting quickly burnt with the inefficient wal mart system and lack of help, one tech put in notice today....i see the downward spiral coming.....tough decision to make,,,i have an interview with CVS monday, ill keepo you posted. We will consider it a social experiment...? lol

oh and you know what they told me? we would like you to start by 8/22 after that the RATES DROP..... man... slaraies again for wags, heads up new guys! i couldnt reasonably be their by then....i would need to help my DM cover a little out of respect....and my wife is with me, we rent a house out here....etc...i need a month minimum.

one tech put in notice today....i see the downward spiral coming

This is how you know your techs aren't trained to work efficiently. Extra work was put on them and they can't handle it now.

Why would techs stay if their hours get cut and and have no certainty of future?