SICU Rotations in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good place to do a SICU rotation in Chicago. I am going into a surgical field and I want to get a good procedure heavy month in the SICU. I want to learn how to put in lines and learn Vent management. Any ideas? thank you very much! (sorry if i double posted this, i wasnt sure which forum was more appropriate)

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, County is great. In addition, if you couldn't get into the SICU there, the Trauma rotation at County is awesome, too. You get to see and do a lot, and the hospital really needs the help, so student count!

Also, since I know the hospital well, if you are looking for a more academic atmosphere, I would recommend the University of Chicago. I am rotating through the MICU now (as I am going into medicine), but the SICU is also AWESOME for teaching. You learn a ton about managing critically ill patients. And the good thing about the SICU is that more of your patients actually leave the unit alive! Yipee! :)

Hope this helps...