Shenandoah University Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LostTexan

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all that will be attending Shenandoah this fall! Hopefully this will be a place where we can exchange information and make contacts about roommates and such.

I will be attending the Winchester campus and will be traveling up there April 3-6 (Fri-Mon). I have been in contact with a realtor there that said she can help students find housing. I think this would be a great opportunity for us to meet each other and get to know one another before before signing leases. If we can get a couple students to come at the same time we could share rental cars and hotels to reduce costs. If anyone else is interested, please either post a response or PM me! Again, congrats to all!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted to SU as well. I'm still waiting for my VCU interview and reply to make my final decision, though. :)

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm sure that will be a hard decision to make between 2 great schools.

I think April is too early for me to look at housing options so I'm going to push it back to May/June. If others are planning trips to look for housing in the next few months, please post!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! Another incoming P1 and I have been looking at housing in Winchester. We (2 women) are looking for one or two more roommates to share a house. We've narrowed down it down and she and I will be looking at some houses over the next month. If you are interested, please PM me!

Hello!
I am a current P1 at Shenandoah University at the Ashburn campus. I am moving to Winchester in the summer for the P2 year and I am looking for a male roommate. I am looking at 2 bedroom apartments to share.
If you are looking for a roommate please email me and we can go from there. [email protected].

Congrats on your acceptance to Shenandoah and good luck with your future Pharmacy career!

hello,

first off, congratulations to everyone who made it! hopefully i get to meet some of you later this fall. anyways, from researching the forums...it sounds like most students stay at stuart hill and pembleton (sp?). is it hard to find openings for these places or will there still be spots opening say late june/july? and about winchester in general, are there any bad places to stay clear from? thanks :)

-stevie

hello,

first off, congratulations to everyone who made it! hopefully i get to meet some of you later this fall. anyways, from researching the forums...it sounds like most students stay at stuart hill and pembleton (sp?). is it hard to find openings for these places or will there still be spots opening say late june/july? and about winchester in general, are there any bad places to stay clear from? thanks :)

-stevie

Hey Stevie, another girl and I have been looking at renting a house since we'd have a lot more room for about the same price. As far as what areas to avoid, the realtor has told us to avoid housing centered around the historic part of Winchester. I will be going up there next weekend to look at houses and can tell you more then if there are other places to avoid.

My understanding is that there are only 3 apartment complexes that rent to students: Stuart Hill, Peppertree, and Pemberton, the others are income restricted. I visited all of them and Stuart Hill is by far the nicest one. I don't think you'd have a problem applying to one of the complexes in June/July since people will also be moving out around that time. If you're interested in possibly renting a house with us, PM me and I can give you more info about the houses we are looking at. We are looking to have a total of 3-4 people in the house and based on the houses we have seen rent should end up about 350/mo.

Thanks so much, fhx06! I'm really excited about going up there!

Let me know how it goes. If you forget to get any information I can try to find something out... I should be going up sometime in late April, early May.

Rock on! I tried to change my flight to the beginning of May because I wanted to be there during the Apple Blossom Festival but the airline wouldn't let me without a giant penalty and the hotels were really expensive during the festival. I'm pretty sure I will have to to go up again around June to start finalizing things. I was checking out the weather there yesterday and I think you and I are going to miss this Florida weather, fhx06!

I called the school yesterday and they said that our financial aid packets should be going out sometime in April.

My understanding is that there are only 3 apartment complexes that rent to students: Stuart Hill, Peppertree, and Pemberton, the others are income restricted. I visited all of them and Stuart Hill is by far the nicest one.

Some students also live in the apartments on this website on Treetops Lane and like them: http://www.melval.com/apt-properties.htm

Also, a girl in my class lived in these apartments during her first 3 years: http://www.melval.com/summerfield.htm. They're very close to Stuart Hill and Pemberton.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any apartments in the Winchester area come furnished?
and if they do, to what degree (bed, table, washer, dryer, dishwasher, table, desk, etc.)?

thanks!

Hey Kirbie, I haven't run by any yet that come furnished but I'll keep an eye out for you!

My name is Billy Cooke and I'm going to SU Pharmacy school starting in August. I'm 24 years old and I went to the University of Maryland, College Park as an undergrad. I'm looking for a roommate to share a two bedroom place next year. If you are interested just send me and email and we should make up a time to go up there to find a place. My email is [email protected].

Hey Everyone!

Im sorry to barge in on the Pharmacy forum...but I am moving to Winchester, VA in July 2009 (i will be at the July 13th orientation) to do a 1 yr Respiratory therapy transfer program. I am a 28 yr old female and am looking for a female roommate...I currently live in south florida but will be looking for a place in july...I am clean and considerate...I would like to find a female student that is also in the health field....please message me if anyone is interested in talking to see if you would want to room with me in winchester... Goodluck to everyone!

Thanks!
Patricia

Does anyone know if SU offers some sort of health insurance or if they're affiliated with a provider?

Hey there everybody!

Is anyone in need of a roommate? I've been combing through websites and classifieds and it looks like sharing a 2-bedroom is the way to go, but
I haven't had a chance to go down to Winchester to check any place out yet.

But if anyone has an extra room and no roommate yet, please let me know!

-Chris

Hi. My name is Meron and I will be starting pharmacy school this fall at the Ashburn campus. I have a one bed room apartment at University Heights Apts, which is a 2 min drive from the campus. The person I was going to share the apt with backed out at the last minute; I am scheduled to move in on July 14. I am now looking for a female roommate. The apt is really nice and location is very convenient for school; rent is $860/mo, not including utilities, water, trash collection. I would like to share the cost in half. I know it is not an ideal situation to live with a roommate in one bedroom but if you are interested in saving money, it is a good option. If interested, please PM me in the next few days. Thanks.

Last edited:
Meron, if you have the chance, I'd suggest posting this in the Facebook group and/or email Amanda Keach to let her know. I'm not sure how many students actually browse through these forums but quite a few post in the Facebook group.

Hi, to all those currently attending shenondoah, could you please tell us what is it like to live in Winchester. I am not sure if I want to go there yet. Could somebody please talk a little bit about the surroundings of the campus, is it very quite? How much opportunity do students be involved?