Other OT-Related Information Share Your OT Debt Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grace1000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated spring 2013 and I am currently applying to OT programs. Instead of asking you if the debt is worth it, I want to hear your experience of having debt after graduating from an OT program. Where did you go, and what year did you graduate? How much debt did you accrue, and how much did you end up paying? What is it like to pay it off, and how does this affect your lifestyle? How long will it take for you to pay it off? Also, is there anything financial you wish you knew before entering grad school and acquiring debt?

The more information you share the better. I know these are personal questions, but I think it would help prospective OT students reflect on their own situation and make better financial decisions.

As for me, I plan to have my debt from my undergraduate degree paid off by this spring. However, that may cause me to be completely broke upon entering an OT program (if I am accepted). I am wondering if I should take another year off (in addition to the year I am currently taking off) to save up money before entering graduate school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users