Shadowing Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucasrinconr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellas, first post here!

I am trying to write some email to throw at some doctors for shadowing purposes.

Some of my family members gave me their email address but these doctors dont know me personally.

Do you think it is a good idea to write them explaining our common network?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello fellas, first post here!

I am trying to write some email to throw at some doctors for shadowing purposes.

Some of my family members gave me their email address but these doctors dont know me personally.

Do you think it is a good idea to write them explaining our common network?

Thanks.
why are you shadowing family friends vs shadowing someone from your medical school? You do know you dont need to shadow in medical school.

why are you shadowing family friends vs shadowing someone from your medical school? You do know you dont need to shadow in medical school.
I am not from the US, I am an IMG
Need clinical experience in US.
Have to start first from family and friends and then get other contacts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I will try emaling them first, If I dont receive any answer in a matter of time, I will call them a few weeks after.

Emails are easily ignored. If you then called me a few weeks later after sending one and started the conversation with me anything like, "did you get my email?", I promise that you wouldn't get very far.

People who engage others personally are much more likely to get a positive response. There's nothing "personal" about an email to a stranger.

(Of course, this is just one man's opinion.)

-Skip