SGU Housing For New Student and Current Class Size?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infmount

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am considering SGU's MD program and I have questions regards housing and class size at SGU.

1. Does anyone know what are SGU's room types for new MD students? Student Housing Rates by Location & Room Type | SGU This page lists housing rates but does not mention what are the room types for MD students. Is it possible that I am guaranteed a single occupancy bedroom before I give my deposit? Or is it possible that I end up sharing a bedroom with another student? It's fine I share the kitchen with others but I want a bedroom that belongs solely to me so I can study there.

2. What is the current class size at SGU? I know they take 800-1000 students for the fall term, but I wonder how many students are taking the class at the same time? The video below shows that now each MD student is assigned to one of nine colleges. Does it mean only the students in the same college are taking classes at the same time, which means maybe 120 students per class? Or it is still the case that 400- 500 students or even 800 - 1000 students are taking the class and sitting in the same lecture hall at the same time?

Thank you very much for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

These are all very FAQ-like questions that you can ask directly to their admissions committee via email/phone and will likely give you better/more up to date answers than you'll find on a forum...

These are all very FAQ-like questions that you can ask directly to their admissions committee via email/phone and will likely give you better/more up to date answers than you'll find on a forum...
Thanks. Yes, I will ask them. But I want some first hand truth from SGU students instead of the ads provided by the staff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I am considering SGU's MD program and I have questions regards housing and class size at SGU.

1. Does anyone know what are SGU's room types for new MD students? Student Housing Rates by Location & Room Type | SGU This page lists housing rates but does not mention what are the room types for MD students. Is it possible that I am guaranteed a single occupancy bedroom before I give my deposit? Or is it possible that I end up sharing a bedroom with another student? It's fine I share the kitchen with others but I want a bedroom that belongs solely to me so I can study there.

2. What is the current class size at SGU? I know they take 800-1000 students for the fall term, but I wonder how many students are taking the class at the same time? The video below shows that now each MD student is assigned to one of nine colleges. Does it mean only the students in the same college are taking classes at the same time, which means maybe 120 students per class? Or it is still the case that 400- 500 students or even 800 - 1000 students are taking the class and sitting in the same lecture hall at the same time?

Thank you very much for your responses!

Class size is huge, and this and other factors will make it much harder than TOP 20 US schools, but if you survive you will be better prepared than the average student that went to a US school.

Reactions: 1 user
Class size is huge, and this and other factors will make it much harder than TOP 20 US schools, but if you survive you will be better prepared than the average student that went to a US school.
Top 20?? It will be HARDER than any US school MD or DO.. about the better prepared I don’t know. US programs tend to have better clinical rotations than the Carib programs.