SGU 2028 vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted for the August start but accepted for the January start date!! Also anyone know how the stray dogs are on the island? My dog is reactive from other dogs around my apartment running up on him and I’m worried about it happening to him while we’re studying over there too :/
There’s a few dogs that roam on campus but usually stick to the out door study areas. Also campus cats. Besides that, yeah there dogs that roam around the neighborhoods. A lot of them seem to be skittish, some love the attention. It kind of depends on the dog unfortunately. I can’t attest to how they are since i lived in the dorms, but i feel like i haven’t heard anything about a fight between a local owned dog/ stray? The locals let their dogs roam. The owned ones wear collars usually.

Members don't see this ad.

You’ll need a reason to live off campus (significant other, multiple pets, large pet, etc). Besides that they say that you have to spend a full year living in the dorms.
Hey! Thanks for the information. When you say significant other, do you mean you guys need to have kids or just you need a partner to live elsewhere?

Hey! Thanks for the information. When you say significant other, do you mean you guys need to have kids or just you need a partner to live elsewhere?
Can be both! Some people have their partner (married or dating) with them. I’ve seen some med students have their partner AND kids down here with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am personally bringing my husband, son and a few pets with us to the island! It is definitely possible and believe it or not SGU has ALOT of resources for families and significant others coming to the island!

There’s a group specifically for families /partners that come down on facebook! It’s called SGU family network. Im not in the group so I cant share the link, but easy search!

It took 4 weeks and three of days for me. I believe it’s because I used the direct application.

From what I’ve seen, VMCAS applications sometimes take longer than 12 weeks but never more than 14. So if you applied directly through them maybe you’ll get your answer sooner.
FWIW my acceptance (via VMCAS application) took 17 weeks post-interview. So it’s not always within 14 weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! My name is Paxton! I was a previous term 1 student (January start) who had to take a personal leave of absence, so I’ll be restarting with you guys in August! Every term has a groupchat on WhatsApp, so I went ahead and made one for this term! Please share this around! It’s a great way to meet people before the term starts, ask questions, etc! It’ll be the spot when the term starts that term reps for clubs share events, resources for classes that everyone will share, updates of any kind, and more! Any questions ask me!!

SGU SVM Class of ‘28 August

Does anyone know if they have started the January 2025 Facebook group yet? I would love to get to know my future classmates more before heading to the island!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they have started the January 2025 Facebook group yet? I would love to get to know my future classmates more before heading to the island!
They haven’t! I’m also apart of that class😊

Reactions: 1 user
Just declined my seat for the fall class. I will be going to RVC. Hopefully someone hears good news soon!

Happy decision day to everyone! I hope you all get some good news today if you haven’t already! 💕💕

Does anyone know when we would typically get class schedules for incoming term 1 students

Does anyone know when we would typically get class schedules for incoming term 1 students
I believe May 1st, that's when the incoming orientation on zoom is, they sent an email. I believe all schedules/start dates/financial aid will be laid out in the orientation.

This might be an unusual question but the same day I activated my sgu email I got a Rave email in which a female student was assaulted by a man resident of the island.
Does anyone know if I can bring in a stun gun/taser with me to the island? I don’t want to be completely defenseless if I am in a situation like the student was.

I was reading their laws but I haven’t found anything regarding tasers.