Secondary Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancinRN1022

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey...
can we start one of those threads which list the secondaries we have received already... and which ones can be completed without an invite...also which ones screen and which ones don't...

GW- no screen-email invite
Meharry- online
Tulane- no screen-online

Members don't see this ad.

Also:

Columbia: no screen, email invite (although I think you can also just go online and fill it out)
NJMS: email invite (no essays if instate :D), no screen

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you receive secondaries after you have been declared as verified? I submitted on the 8/6 and was just wondering. Thanks!

Do you receive secondaries after you have been declared as verified? I submitted on the 8/6 and was just wondering. Thanks!

Most secondaries come once you've been verified, but there are some schools that send it after you submit but before you're verified (Columbia and GWU come to mind).

Oh ok b/c I haven't seen any action just yet. How long does it take to go from "ready for review" to "under review"?

You might not even go "under review" (or rather, your status might not change to "under review." I went straight from "ready for review" to "verified." Right now, it's looking like it's taking about 3 weeks to get verified.

I would say about 3/4 of my schools sent me invitations to fill out secondaries. The others, I took it upon myself to explore their web sites and, sure enough, found that I could begin working on and even submit the secondary before they actually "contacted" me. The ones I remember include Yale, JHU and Columbia.

Good :luck:!

-Mbound

Hey there LovelyMD, it's almost been about 3 weeks. (2 weeks actually and counting) So MSTPbound, you can go to the sites, see if they are screening and just fill out and submit a secondary if they don't? That's a pretty cool setup. :D

Hey there LovelyMD, it's almost been about 3 weeks. (2 weeks actually and counting) So MSTPbound, you can go to the sites, see if they are screening and just fill out and submit a secondary if they don't? That's a pretty cool setup. :D

Seemed to be the case for some of my schools. I actually don't *think* any school on my list (12) was pre-screening, although I think U-Mich reputedly screens before requesting LORs. I would just say that after your AMCAS has been verified, you might want to start visiting the web sites of each of your schools just to be clear about how they handle secondaries - particularly if you don't receive an invitation to fill one out in the first week or two after verification.

Good :luck:!

-MSTPbound