Suggestion SDN Chatroom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudent219

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if SDN has a chatroom sorta thing like I've seen on other forums (or even a discord). Sort of like a thing thats at the top of the website and you can type into provided you can see if you have a certain number of posts (e.g. 20). It'd be cool for people to talk on there like casual conversations or banter (while keeping things that should be in the forums on the forums) because it'd be a bit more real time haha? I feel like there's a lot of people on here to have good casual convo with but its a bit harder with the forums and that'd flow better than waiting for posts haha. :) I've seen it work well on some other forums and having seen some of the great personalities on here, I thought it'd be a nice little addition, bring people closer and further increase engagement :D

Edit: Found another post mentioning something similar so it seems like others have suggested similar before? :D Forum Chatbox?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi I was wondering if SDN has a chatroom sorta thing like I've seen on other forums (or even a discord). Sort of like a thing thats at the top of the website and you can type into provided you can see if you have a certain number of posts (e.g. 20). It'd be cool for people to talk on there like casual conversations or banter (while keeping things that should be in the forums on the forums) because it'd be a bit more real time haha? I feel like there's a lot of people on here to have good casual convo with but its a bit harder with the forums and that'd flow better than waiting for posts haha. :) I've seen it work well on some other forums and having seen some of the great personalities on here, I thought it'd be a nice little addition, bring people closer and further increase engagement :D

Edit: Found another post mentioning something similar so it seems like others have suggested similar before? :D Forum Chatbox?
The old chatroom wasn't moderated - it was more or less a separate thing on its own.

If there was enough interest, we could add a chatroom that is part of the forums and would operate with moderation.