Score Transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcjc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain score transferring with Naplex? Having the worst luck looking at the NABP site...
What I am trying to get is if... for example: I take the Naplex in TN (also wanting to be licensed in TN), and on my application I want to go ahead and score transfer to CO... How is this different from license transfer/reciprocity? Yes, I am royally confused. Oi... let me blame it on studying for my Med Chem and PCOG exams. :rolleyes:
Thanks for any help... :D

Members don't see this ad.

kcjc said:
Can someone please explain score transferring with Naplex? Having the worst luck looking at the NABP site...
What I am trying to get is if... for example: I take the Naplex in TN (also wanting to be licensed in TN), and on my application I want to go ahead and score transfer to CO... How is this different from license transfer/reciprocity? Yes, I am royally confused. Oi... let me blame it on studying for my Med Chem and PCOG exams. :rolleyes:
Thanks for any help... :D

Score transfer and reciprocity are essentially the same thing, but can be done at different times. For instance, when you initially maintain licensure you can pay extra to have these scores transferred. Whatever the fee is, it is cheaper than reciprocating. In order to reciprocate you have to practice at least a year; so score transfering is very advantageous for those coming straight out of school since reciprocating is not an option until 1 yr later. So on your application for NAPLEX/MPJE you would want to put down CO as a place you want your scores transferred to and then after passing I think you would have ~1yr to take the law in CO to become fully licensed in that state. The only other option if you don't score transfer to a state that you want to be licensed in and also haven't practiced long enough to reciprocate would be to pay all fees for NAPLEX/MPJE and take both in that state upon which you would desire licensure. Score transfer/reciprocating at least minimize your time by only having to take the law portion. Aside from all of this I am probably missing some things so you should contact the CO and TN boards to clarify any other your questions or feel free to ask again on this post so I can try to clarify any questions. The entire process is indeed quite confusing and costly as you end up paying all kinds fees to the various state boards and NABP. Good luck on the exams and on the NAPLEX/MPJE.