COMLEX Score Report--to interpret and improve in certain areas.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOforGood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all,
I recently failed COMLEX, Step 2. Does anyone have good sources to recommend for improving on the "Physician Skills" topics---in particular, "Scientific Understanding of Mechanisms," "Diagnostic Technologies," and "History and Physical." I have about a month for the retake. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll see results as long as you understand the explanations for the answers. Try to get through as much as possible while still understanding answers. You bought the step 2 uworld right? And go through savarese again.

I did---Step 2CK+self-assessments. I plan on doing UWorld and Combank. I hope that's not too ambitious. I assume I need to do COMSAE's too, though I question the validity with the new test questions. Thoughts? Thank you! I really appreciate the suggestions!

Well the comsae was within 20 points for me after the adjustment but yeah I don't know how accurate they are going forward. Basically study u world for the medicine and user the green book for omm... You should be good

You should sit down with the administration/faculty at your school to review the score report. Citing "Scientific Understanding of Mechanisms," "Diagnostic Technologies," and "History and Physical" is pretty broad. You might as well be saying that you need to improve in all of the basic sciences, improve in diagnosing all conditions, and improve in choosing the appropriate diagnostic studies to work-up those conditions. Physician tasks is not really a topic per se; it's what you need to do in response to the question.

Yes, that's what has me frustrated----the score report makes it sound like I need help in ALL of it! Might as well have a report that states "You suck and need to return to first year of medical school!" And my school is useless in helping students interpret and improve scores. So…I turned to SDN. I've started using Conrad Fischer's Diagnostic and Physical Findings flashcards as well as using UWorld questions.