School List/Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineeedausername

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a shot. The obvious drawback, as you know, is your gpa. What is more impactful right now is the trend in which your gpa has travelled across your collegiate career. If you have an upward trend and a strong recent academic history (your past 35-45 credits) then you should be fine. Although most schools weigh GPA more heavily than DAT score, research which ones have a reputation for doing the opposite.

As far as your list goes, make sure you are fully confident in attending any of these schools you get accepted to; you have some expensive schools on your list. Also, UF caters very highly to its Florida residents, and without an almost perfect application, it may not be a good school to apply to. (Although just my opinion)

Reactions: 1 users
Your DAT scores are competitive, great job! As previously mentioned, your GPA seems to be the only concern. Don’t let that dispirit you because there have been people who make it with those scores, it’s just less likely. With that said, I highly recommend selectively adding 5-6 more schools to your list if you can afford it. Purchasing the ADEA Dental School Explorer online tool for $25 might be a good investment. As for your extracurriculars, have you volunteered at a dental clinic? If not, I would suggest volunteering at a non-profit clinic if there is one nearby. Lastly, make sure your PS is spectacular and I suggest adding Meharry to that school list since you’re an URM.

Good luck OP! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users