Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eb520

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to optometry school this coming cycle and had a question about scholarships. My GPA is nothing special (just below the average for most schools), but I got a really good OAT score. Scholarships would be really helpful, so I was wondering if there was a chance I might be eligible for scholarships with a good OAT score but not outstanding GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Scholarships are usually a combination of both OAT + GPA.

Email or call the programs directly and ask what their cutoffs are, if they favor one over the other.
They will know more than we do because they come up with the formulas for scholarship requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
I can only speak on behalf of my experience as a graduate from Ohio State. We offer merit-based scholarships based on GPA+OAT score like mentioned previously. We also have diversity scholarships for under-represented minorities as well as out-of-state student scholarships to provide incentive for students to choose OSU over a local school solely because of price.

Reactions: 1 users