Salary for CCM and other questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TysonCook

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently doing my TICU (Trauma ICU), month as a 2nd year resident. I loved my MICU month as a MSIV, did a NSICU as a MSIV, and loved my MICU month as a R1. Now that I'm back in a CCM role and loving it, I'm seriously starting to consider CCM as a career.

I'm just wondering what are some of the basic salaries, hours, and job splits that people have heard of?

I'm EM, and really enjoy that as well, has anyone heard of anyone doing 2 weeks of a specialty (EM), then 2 weeks CCM per month, or other splits?

Also, what is the standard fellowship for CCM, is it 1 or 2 years?

Thanks in advance, and I'll keep on researching.:)

Members don't see this ad.

From careers in medicine:

IM Critical Care
Low Med High
Early Career $156,000 $184,000 $250,000
Mid to late Career $216,000 $250,000 $254,000

There is a post somewhere on people who split time between the ED and the ICU. Certainly there are 3 here at Penn. :love:

I will see if I can dig up that post

Hello,
I am currently doing my TICU (Trauma ICU), month as a 2nd year resident. I loved my MICU month as a MSIV, did a NSICU as a MSIV, and loved my MICU month as a R1. Now that I'm back in a CCM role and loving it, I'm seriously starting to consider CCM as a career.

I'm just wondering what are some of the basic salaries, hours, and job splits that people have heard of?

I'm EM, and really enjoy that as well, has anyone heard of anyone doing 2 weeks of a specialty (EM), then 2 weeks CCM per month, or other splits?

Also, what is the standard fellowship for CCM, is it 1 or 2 years?

Thanks in advance, and I'll keep on researching.:)