Saba University School of Medicine Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SabaKnight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello viewers,

I created this post to reach out to others like myself who will be attending Saba University School of Medicine starting the September 2016 semester. Congratulations on your acceptance and I look forward to meeting all of you on the island. I was wondering if anyone has started a facebook group for our class. Also, I am filling out the housing form and was curious if anyone else is from Florida that will be in my class. Take care.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Great to get a reply back. Congratulations ! Did you get your matriculation package? The first semester housing is in dorms right near the campus. The form just asks a few questions based on preferences for bed time, noise levels etc. to help match students into dorms similar to undergraduate housing. I figured I would reach out to see if anyone was from Florida so I had at least something in common with one of my roommates as anything helps the transition to the island. Either way I am excited to meet my classmates and I know they will be from many different states and countries as well including Canada.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :) I am still doing my application, and I have no information regarding the dorms, set up. hopefully soon. Do you know If they have any single rooms or for all you have to share?

I have a phone interview tomorrow morning. :) I applied for a Jan 2017 start date. How did every one elses interview process go?

Hey, I was just accepted to Saba, and might start in January. I'm wondering why you guys chose Saba over AUC, St. George's, and Ross.

People in September start, how's it going? What you expected?

KCMDF87, did you end up getting in/are you going?

I chose Saba for numerous reasons: many of the reasons are shared amongst the schools that you listed(federal loans, green book rotation sites throught US,etc. However,the main deciding factors for me were: smaller class sizes (the doctors know me by name and I am the quiet one that sits in the back row),less distractions on Saba, low cost, and great USMLE preparation course.

I am enjoying SUSOM very much. The first 4 weeks we had two classes. Clinical skills (learning to take a history of present illness/past medical history and writing a patient note), and scientific foundations( basic genetics, micro, biochem etc) . Onice you finish those two classes on a Monday you Start Histology,Anatomy and Anatomy lab every day. You do get to dissect at Saba 5 days a week for 10 weeks. It's great I just spent 2 hours dissecting. SUSOM professors are excellent and there are TAS that help prepare students for exams. Hope this helps with your decision. Regardless, congratulations and best of luck in your student doctor journey no matter what school you decide to attend.

Reactions: 1 users
I chose Saba for numerous reasons: many of the reasons are shared amongst the schools that you listed(federal loans, green book rotation sites throught US,etc. However,the main deciding factors for me were: smaller class sizes (the doctors know me by name and I am the quiet one that sits in the back row),less distractions on Saba, low cost, and great USMLE preparation course.

I am enjoying SUSOM very much. The first 4 weeks we had two classes. Clinical skills (learning to take a history of present illness/past medical history and writing a patient note), and scientific foundations( basic genetics, micro, biochem etc) . Onice you finish those two classes on a Monday you Start Histology,Anatomy and Anatomy lab every day. You do get to dissect at Saba 5 days a week for 10 weeks. It's great I just spent 2 hours dissecting. SUSOM professors are excellent and there are TAS that help prepare students for exams. Hope this helps with your decision. Regardless, congratulations and best of luck in your student doctor journey no matter what school you decide to attend.

That is awesome. Sounds like a great school. When did you start? If I go to Saba I would probably go in January and possibly May, so maybe I'd meet you there.

Again, thanks for your help

Hi Sabaknight!
I will be attending Saba in January and I am currently getting my stuff together.
Would I need to come to the Island with a Stethoscope, gloves, and mask? What are the absolutely essential things to come to the island with?
Oh! I am also from Florida :)

Do you guys have any updates on your current situation at SABA? Did you change routes, schools? Did you failed?