RVU MSBS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaqhasrange

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Got accepted to the program last week and wanted to start another yearly thread for the next class! Who else is joining this postbacc party?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? I'm planning on applying how fast did you hear back? Also do you know how strong their linkage is to their DO program?

The average GPA and MCAT are 3.3 and 499 respectively. I had a LizzyM a point higher than that due to my high MCAT. My ECs are what really stood out. They look at all parts of your application though, so if you have other stuff besides stats make sure to emphasize it in your application. A 3.6 cumulative in the program gets you into RVUCOM and the 3.3 gets you an interview I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? I'm planning on applying how fast did you hear back? Also do you know how strong their linkage is to their DO program?
I’m an alumni of their MSBS and currently a first year in their COM.

They do tiers to determine whether you can matriculate into their COM. It’s about 98% guaranteed you will get into their COM if you make a tier so not fully guaranteed but pretty close.

tier 1: gpa > 3.5 for fall semester get acceptance for fall
- tier 2: gpa > 3.3 cumulative at the end of spring. Get accepted pending space.
- tier 3: gpa > 3.0 cumulative gets a guaranteed interview.

They also place a huge emphasis on professionalism in order to make a tier. You can have a 4.0 but if you aren’t professional, you don’t make a tier and don’t matriculate.

Hello everyone, I was recently accepted into the MSBS class. I received a call on December 3rd. I will be moving to Colorado this Summer. Feel free to reach out if you have questions about stats, or if you have any recommendations on housing nearby or would like to meet classmates. I am hoping to find peers who are interested in hiking, traveling, snowboarding, etc. outside of school and who may also want to study together!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats, looks like were gonna be classmates! I am from here so if you have any questions about the area dont hesitate to ask.

Hello everyone, I was recently accepted into the MSBS class. I received a call on December 3rd. I will be moving to Colorado this Summer. Feel free to reach out if you have questions about stats, or if you have any recommendations on housing nearby or would like to meet classmates. I am hoping to find peers who are interested in hiking, traveling, snowboarding, etc. outside of school and who may also want to study together!
Have you heard anything from them these last couple of months about orientation or class schedule/registration? I saw that some of the COM students in the same application cycle are getting invites to accepted students day and was curious if you heard anything from the MSBS program.

I’m an alumni of their MSBS and currently a first year in their COM.

They do tiers to determine whether you can matriculate into their COM. It’s about 98% guaranteed you will get into their COM if you make a tier so not fully guaranteed but pretty close.

tier 1: gpa > 3.5 for fall semester get acceptance for fall
- tier 2: gpa > 3.3 cumulative at the end of spring. Get accepted pending space.
- tier 3: gpa > 3.0 cumulative gets a guaranteed interview.

They also place a huge emphasis on professionalism in order to make a tier. You can have a 4.0 but if you aren’t professional, you don’t make a tier and don’t matriculate.
Does MCAT score play a factor into the tiers at all?