RVU-COM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well on the alternate list last year and not even an interview this year. I am even in a masters program

Members don't see this ad.

How many interviews would you say they conducted so far for this year? ....How many total seats are available?

howdy- you may be better served asking in the 2009-2010 forum

but from my understanding, they interview about 400. they make about 300 offers and of those 300, 162 matriculte. I think last year they had something like 3-4k applications

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone-- I'm matriculating as a first-year student at RVU and am very excited to begin! I called RVU's Clinical Affairs department and asked for a list of rotation sites, because it's getting toward the time for the first class to pick rotations.

No list was available- apparently still being finalized. I'm just curious wich hospitals we'll all be at, whether I will have to relocate (i.e., I won't buy a place near Parker if I'll be doing my rotations in Fort Collins).

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks!

Rotations are kind of a scary thing right now. A large number of the connections are at hospitals outside of Denver. It seems that the religious aspect of the school has allied it to Christian Springs and a lot is going on down there. There are also sites as distant as Grand Junction and Pueblo; least last I heard that is. Many of the shadowing experiences done in the first 2 years are also down in CS.

Hopefully things will be better soon and there will be more options in the metro area, they are trying to recover from the foibles of Ronnie Martin. I know this topic has a lot of people nervous.