Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

does anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?

Members don't see this ad.

Just declined my spot! Hope it goes to you guys. Best of luck

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if our forms have to be delivered by January 12 or just postmarked?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my deposit email along with the CC processing form to Dr. Chaviano-Moran as well as Mrs. Melendez a few days after Christmas. My card still hasn't been charged and I haven't got an email confirmation back from them. Should I re-send the email? Wait a little bit?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I sent my deposit email along with the CC processing form to Dr. Chaviano-Moran as well as Mrs. Melendez a few days after Christmas. My card still hasn't been charged and I haven't got an email confirmation back from them. Should I re-send the email? Wait a little bit?

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I sent mine in the week after acceptance day. They sent me a confirmation but never charged my card. Maybe they are waiting for background checks to go through?

I sent mine in the week after acceptance day. They sent me a confirmation but never charged my card. Maybe they are waiting for background checks to go through?
How long after you sent the email did you get confirmation? It's been 5-6 days since I sent with no response.

Anyone know if Rutgers is still sending interview invites? Would it look bad if I gave them a call to check?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview
Interview #2
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 01/07/21
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail out date: July 13
Application complete date: July 13
Undergrad GPA: 3.01
Masters GPA: 3.8
DAT: 21AA/ 20 TS/ 19 QR/ 24 RC/ 17 PAT
Date: 01/22/21

Reactions: 2 users
People who accepted their offer can you please confirm which forms did you send them for accepting? I am a little confused

People who accepted their offer can you please confirm which forms did you send them for accepting? I am a little confused
I believe it is just the tuition deposit that is the most important piece of item by Tuesday

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get any confirmation from them?
I hope my experience can provide a little insight for everyone. I live close to campus, so I dropped off my enrollment forms and deposit in person today. I got confirmation of my deposit just an hour later.
When I spoke withe the woman at admissions, she explained that they are really struggling with the mail right now. Some things are just taking a long time to get to them, and in other cases people did not mark the envelope correctly with the "ATTENTION:" under the address. As a result those people's forms and deposits are not being directed to RSDM admissions, and kind of getting lost on the Rutgers campus. They will eventually get the forms, but this is an unexpected delay.

If you have mailed your forms some time ago and still have not received confirmation, it seems you fall under the above scenario

I hope my experience can provide a little insight for everyone. I live close to campus, so I dropped off my enrollment forms and deposit in person today. I got confirmation of my deposit just an hour later.
When I spoke withe the woman at admissions, she explained that they are really struggling with the mail right now. Some things are just taking a long time to get to them, and in other cases people did not mark the envelope correctly with the "ATTENTION:" under the address. As a result those people's forms and deposits are not being directed to RSDM admissions, and kind of getting lost on the Rutgers campus. They will eventually get the forms, but this is an unexpected delay.

If you have mailed your forms some time ago and still have not received confirmation, it seems you fall under the above scenario
Thank you for sharing your experience! Yea I know the post is crazy right now I guess it is safer to email the forms along with the credit card form.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Yea I know the post is crazy right now I guess it is safer to email the forms along with the credit card form.
Yeah it sounds like that's what's best right now. But since they are aware of the situation with the mail I feel it's safe to say they're not going to hold it against anyone if things come late

I also payed the tuition deposit through credit card less than an hour ago and just received a confirmation

I just declined my spot. Hope one you guys on the waitlist gets it!

would you be willing to share why you picked NYU over Rutgers?
Please share if you can! I am in the same boat
I made a pros and cons list for both schools. The pros for NYU outweighed the pros for Rutgers in my opinion. While NYU is definitely a lot more expensive, it has greater diversity, especially in terms of the types of patients and cases you get to see. I also felt that NYU would grant me more opportunities to get involved with research programs and global outreach. NYU also has more renowned faculty from what I know and the "prestige" of the name "NYU." A larger class size for NYU also means a larger alumni network for building connections. I also just know a lot more people in my personal life who went to NYU and were really happy with their education so they helped sway my decision based on their experiences as well. Finally, I just wanted to be in NYC. I did my undergrad in NYC too so I definitely preferred the location over Newark.

These were just some of my reasons. However, I feel like Rutgers had some amazing strengths too, which is why it took me such a long time to come to my decision. However, I think NYU was just a bit more suited to what I'm looking for. Hope that helped!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted after the interview? Also, anyone who had a virtual interview can you please give me some tips? How was the interview? And were you interviewed by faculty?

Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted after the interview? Also, anyone who had a virtual interview can you please give me some tips? How was the interview? And were you interviewed by faculty?
when did you receive the interview? can you share your stats please?

im a current d1 so if you have any questions about the school or interview feel free to PM me

Does anyone know how many people are at the in person interviews sent out post Dec 15?

I was invited for an in-person interview. Did anyone else have an in-person interview at Rutgers and if so could you please provide more information? For example, did you wear your mask at all times, were you expected to shake hands, etc. Any insight is greatly appreciated :)

I was invited for an in-person interview. Did anyone else have an in-person interview at Rutgers and if so could you please provide more information? For example, did you wear your mask at all times, were you expected to shake hands, etc. Any insight is greatly appreciated :)
I interviewed in person. You go into a room with other interviewers and D4 students as you wait to get called for an interview. You wear your mask at all times except for when eating since they do put out some muffins and juice. You can eat before or after you get interviewed. I didn't shake hands and I didn't notice anyone else shaking hands. Then everyone comes back for a presentation about the school and a video about financial aid and then a tour.

I interviewed in person. You go into a room with other interviewers and D4 students as you wait to get called for an interview. You wear your mask at all times except for when eating since they do put out some muffins and juice. You can eat before or after you get interviewed. I didn't shake hands and I didn't notice anyone else shaking hands. Then everyone comes back for a presentation about the school and a video about financial aid and then a tour.
Thank you so much! Did they ask you anything out of the ordinary?

Did anyone that was accepted receive any information from them via postal mail yet after submitting the deposit?

im a current d1 so if you have any questions about the school or interview feel free to PM me
how many students approximately does rutgers accept post-December? and if I have not received an interview yet, is there still a chance?

how many students approximately does rutgers accept post-December? and if I have not received an interview yet, is there still a chance?
Not sure how many people they accept post-dec, but last year their last interview was in late January I was in that last interview group last year and got my invitation jan 3. they told us we would probably get waitlisted but that most of us will get off the waitlist in spring since thats when people make their final decisions.
that being said, with covid, they may have changed things for this cycle. i dont think it would hurt to call and ask admissions.

Not sure how many people they accept post-dec, but last year their last interview was in late January I was in that last interview group last year and got my invitation jan 3. they told us we would probably get waitlisted but that most of us will get off the waitlist in spring since thats when people make their final decisions.
that being said, with covid, they may have changed things for this cycle. i dont think it would hurt to call and ask admissions.
When did you end up getting accepted?

A friend told me there is an admitted students tour on the 29th of this month, is that for all students because i did not get an email. Is anyone else attending

Anyone else interviewing in-person tomorrow?

I made a pros and cons list for both schools. The pros for NYU outweighed the pros for Rutgers in my opinion. While NYU is definitely a lot more expensive, it has greater diversity, especially in terms of the types of patients and cases you get to see. I also felt that NYU would grant me more opportunities to get involved with research programs and global outreach. NYU also has more renowned faculty from what I know and the "prestige" of the name "NYU." A larger class size for NYU also means a larger alumni network for building connections. I also just know a lot more people in my personal life who went to NYU and were really happy with their education so they helped sway my decision based on their experiences as well. Finally, I just wanted to be in NYC. I did my undergrad in NYC too so I definitely preferred the location over Newark.

These were just some of my reasons. However, I feel like Rutgers had some amazing strengths too, which is why it took me such a long time to come to my decision. However, I think NYU was just a bit more suited to what I'm looking for. Hope that helped!
I hope you save this message and look back at it in 4-10 years and can still find the humor to laugh about it. I have no idea why you chose to ignore the dental students and dentists on this forum and Dental Town. Everything you mention about diversity and prestige means nothing in the real world. I guess you haven't heard this joke yet: "Why does NY require dentists to complete a GPR to practice? Because NYU". From needing to find patients to bring in, to having absurdly low clinical requirements, PLUS THE 700k DEBT or whatever it costs these days (it will go up every year)... I wish you good luck. Some people come out of NYU and do okay, some do great, and I really hope you are one of them.

For everyone else, if you have the option of a state school, GO! I don’t care if it’s Rutgers or Stony or UCLA or Buffalo. Listen to what people a couple years ahead of you are trying to scream into your ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users