rutgers mbs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoctobe2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone on here did the Rutgers MBS dental scholar program? How hard is it to maintain at least a 3.5 gpa?? Or a 3.7? What are the professors like? Are the students competitive with each other or do you feel like you have a good support system with both the school and classmates?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone on here did the Rutgers MBS dental scholar program? How hard is it to maintain at least a 3.5 gpa?? Or a 3.7? What are the professors like? Are the students competitive with each other or do you feel like you have a good support system with both the school and classmates?
Let me know if you find anything!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Did MBS and D2 at NYU here. It needs your time and efforts to maintain a high gpa.
I think time management is a key to success!

Reactions: 2 users
Ditto what Kurulean said. Definitely doable to maintain a 3.5, just need to put in the time and effort. Best thing you can do is to learn how you "learn" fast because most courses only have 2 exams, so it's pretty high stakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello there, this is a question slightly irrelevant to the quote above (sorry, there's just no way to directly reach out to you). Any chance you have taken immunology A? If so, how was the class for you? Please dm me if you can. Thanks!
I did not. I made sure not to gamble in the Master's program and took the "easier" classes to make sure my GPA stayed competitive.

I did the program from 2014-2015. I'm a practicing dentist now.

I thought the courses were pretty fair. Most of the professors were very helpful, and clearly outlined what they were looking for. You're going to have to put a decent amount of time into studying, but you'll be doing that anyway once you're in dental school.