This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samznarula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Finally getting along with my medical school pursuit and I applied to AUA SGU and Ross. I recently received an invitation to come to Anaheim to interview with "Tom Hueller, Associate Director of Admissions" at Ross University. (Semi yay?)

I asked him for some idea of what the interview would entail and he mentioned it would be 'Behavioral' and it would be roughly 45 min to 1 hour.

So I called Ross and asked the main line what this entails and they mentioned it will be a situational based interview and the interviewer has NO knowledge of my applicant profile (GPA MCAT etc).

Has anyone had any experience with this??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Finally getting along with my medical school pursuit and I applied to AUA SGU and Ross. I recently received an invitation to come to Anaheim to interview with "Tom Hueller, Associate Director of Admissions" at Ross University. (Semi yay?)

I asked him for some idea of what the interview would entail and he mentioned it would be 'Behavioral' and it would be roughly 45 min to 1 hour.

So I called Ross and asked the main line what this entails and they mentioned it will be a situational based interview and the interviewer has NO knowledge of my applicant profile (GPA MCAT etc).

Has anyone had any experience with this??

Good part about a blind interview is your interviewer will not have a bias for/against you. It'll depend more on your ability to interact with another person.

Bad part about a blind interview is interviewer will not have information from you. This means you have to go out of your way to mention highlights of your life/application.

Either way though, have your application memorized ;)

Good part about a blind interview is your interviewer will not have a bias for/against you. It'll depend more on your ability to interact with another person.

Bad part about a blind interview is interviewer will not have information from you. This means you have to go out of your way to mention highlights of your life/application.

Either way though, have your application memorized ;)

Yeah definitely, I guess the words "behavioral interview" are throwing me off. Pre med school, I definitely do not have the medical prowess to be making medical decisions, so I'm unsure what they will be asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah definitely, I guess the words "behavioral interview" are throwing me off. Pre med school, I definitely do not have the medical prowess to be making medical decisions, so I'm unsure what they will be asking.

Everyone's nervous and they know that. Basically go in and do your best. Be positive <--- this is super key. The 2 rejections I received came from interviews where I psyched myself out. The acceptances/waitlists I got came from interviews where I was happy and appeared well-adjusted. So once again, be a positive version of yourself, unless you're already chirpy. Then be yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
... and you should read lots of the threads here, so that you go into this with a good sense of the challenges and opportunities of medical school in the Carib

Hi there,
I have an interview coming up and was wondering if I could get any insight in how the behavioral based interview is like.