ross lacks of talented people.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDragon

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
That is right. People.

I was there watching that talent show last night. I have to say, nothing really impressed me. The Indian dances were good, but I have seen it plenty.

There are a few students who have nice voices, but they need more training. I felt as if I am watching the audition tape for American Idols.

Then I don't see anything "fun" about swearing in the songs. Sure, even idiots know how to swear, but this is a professional school. You came here wanting to become a doctor, that would automatically make yourself at a higher level than the regular people. and how can that be a part of your "talent?"

Some of the singers can make some petty cash at some low class bars. Those songs were certainly not my type.

Members don't see this ad.

Could you be any more full of yourself?

Sad comment by a sad person.

So you gonna start up your own forum to put ValueMD "out of business"? :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by silenthunder
Could you be any more full of yourself?

yea, explain yourself.

I don't know what you are talking about.

I guess thats why they're here trying to become doctors

Originally posted by NewDragon

You came here wanting to become a doctor, that would automatically make yourself at a higher level than the regular people. and how can that be a part of your "talent?"

Some of the singers can make some petty cash at some low class bars. Those songs were certainly not my type.

you wanted me to qualify my above statement; I thought it was pretty obvious.

You see yourself as being "at a higher level than the regular people". Do you really believe that doctors are at a higher level than other people? It sounds as if you believe this is the motivating feature of people going to med school.

I find this kind of thinking obtuse.

I also find it odd that you would post your criticisms of an amateur level talent night on an internet forum. Did anyone have fun at this event? I doubt if anyone at this event was trying to land a record deal. They were there for FUN. Not to have their performance ridiculed.

Silenthunder

I was a student at another medical school studying another subject. At that medical school, we have people playing violins, playing real classical guitars, etc, etc. they are truely talented bunch.

this is a medical school, I expect to see people playing some high class music, and sing some real good songs. however, the talent that those students have shown are quite low.

went from another school to medprep at Ross....hrmmmmmmmm

yeah. OK.

if you really wanna hear some good music. Occassionally after church services on sunday or sunday mornings one student does play the violin near the steps to teh beach. He or She is amazing.

imbebo, a good medical student should not lie or slander.

I have never met you in my entire life, you don't know what program I am in, so there is no need to lie.

second, there are many reasons that one can be in a medical school, doing research, working, getting some extra education, etc, etc.

The ocean is right below the campus, open your heart, and you shall be happy.

"should not lie or slander."

you should follow your own words

I was a student at another medical school studying another subject. At that medical school, we have people playing violins, playing real classical guitars, etc, etc. they are truely talented bunch.

this is a medical school, I expect to see people playing some high class music, and sing some real good songs. however, the talent that those students have shown are quite low.

I think you should look no further than yourself before criticizing others. Like Imbebo said, "you should follow your own words."

What is "high class music"?

Having a very strong background in music I am very intrigued by this statement (please note the SARCASM!!!)

I am frequent with classical music, which is a certain style (and can be further classified as belonging to a certain period).

While I have played classical music in the past (and have learned how to sing in a more classical style), I have NEVER EVER been taught to sing/play "high class music".

Music preference is individual. While some may claim that certain types/styles of music have very strong roots in certain cultures I don't believe that a person's preference in music should classify them as belonging to a different socioeconomic and/or other type of class.

Furthermore I think that to label people by their particular preference in music is just ignorant. It is akin to someone being labelled "low class" because they would prefer a hearty hamburger to a serving of escargots.

Cheers,

Silenthunder

Originally posted by lmbebo
"should not lie or slander."
you should follow your own words

yes, why don't you give us evidence as you claimed on that valueless site that "newdragon" is "harassing" people on this site? :laugh:

High-class music is easy to define. When you go to the Kennedy center to see a performance with the president and his bunch throughout the years, how often do you see performers swear in their songs, and do you think that that "m&m" guy will ever get to perform at the Kennedy center?

And would you think that any US presidents would invite any foreign dignities to watch rap singers performing or hear any singers swearing in their songs? And how often do you see public TV states or hear from public radios broadcasting rap songs, etc, etc?

That is what I mean "high class" music. I didn't define them, the rest of the world did it for me.

"and do you think that that "m&m" guy will ever get to perform at the Kennedy center? "
( NewDragon)
Did you mean Eminem, the artist who earlier this year had the number one single, number one record, and number one movie in the country all at the same time? Granted he may not be " high class" , whatever that means, but clearly he is talented. Vox populi, vox pi. Please make some educated assertions. The drivel you are now spewing is becoming hard to endure. Please!!!....I implore you.

I am very confused as to what you mean by high class music.

I agree with the above poster's comments regarding eminem. He is clearly a talented and clever individual; his music is not for everyone.

He reminds me of someone else: Mozart.

Mozart was seen in his time to be quite the radical. He dabbled in several areas which made many view his music as catering to a lower class; his music was and still is not for everyone.

New Dragon, would you view both Mozart and Eminem as being lower class music? Or higher class? Or neither?

My point here is to show that music does not cater to certain classes of people, despite what may be thought by certain individuals. Different genres of music may be enjoyed by anyone.

I listen to Mozart and Eminem. I also listen to Sex Pistols, Marilyn Manson, NIN/Reznor, Billy Corgan, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Vivaldi, Guns N Roses, P.O.D., Rob Zombie, A.L.Webber (sp?), Natalie Imbruglia, Metallica, Beethoven, John Williams, and Kid Rock among many others.

What class am I?

Silenthunder

I am not the one who defines what "high class" music is.

however, as i have written before, those people who work for the president know not to invite m&m to Kennedy center.

And those folks at Public radio stations know not to play rap songs, etc.

Violin is so much smaller than a Guitar. and bunch of ross students played with their guitars, but none played a violin. pity.

I wonder if anyone can play a piano.

I am not the one who defines what "high class" music is.

however, as i have written before, those people who work for the president know not to invite m&m to Kennedy center.

Violin is so much smaller than a Guitar. and bunch of ross students played with their guitars, but none played a violin. pity.

I wonder if anyone can play a piano.

Actually YOU ARE the one who used the term "high class music", and that is why I am asking you to define it. This is not a common term, and it is probably based upon some sad stereotype that is believed to be a common set of values, but is instead a sad set of prejudiced foolishness.

If you can't define it, then why are you using it?

There are many great classical performers who have never performed at the Kennedy Center. Are these people not to be termed under your definition of "high class" as well?

Yes a Violin is much smaller than a guitar, but a piano is much bigger: WHAT IS YOUR POINT IN MENTIONING THIS?!?!?

Silenthunder