ROL help: Med Peds at Good prog or Internal Med at ok prog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

Considering im fellowship as top priority, I was wondering if it is better to rank good med peds programs higher or ok im programs higher.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

Considering im fellowship as top priority, I was wondering if it is better to rank good med peds programs higher or ok im programs higher.

thanks in advance.

Are these 'good' med peds programs located at institutions with 'ok' med programs and 'ok' peds programs? (ie, are you saying that the med/peds program reputation is much better than what would be expected on the basis of the separate reputations of the med and peds programs separately?)

-AT.

I think the good med peds prog have good med and good peds prog. here they are:
good med peds prog: st louis univ, case west metrohealth, maine med ctr
ok im prog: nymc montefiore north, abington, seton hall
any suggestions in ranking helpful. thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
This person already had a few people comment, and then this person apparently deleted all the suggestions.....I'm guessing b/c they weren't what he/she was looking for :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
bdc,
what you said is not true. I have not deleted a single suggestion I got from others. you should get your facts in order before you go about accusing people.

And for your kind information, I do see the merits and demerits in all suggestions, including yours. There are no specific comments 'I am looking for'.

I started with only one post, and it was fairly general (no specific prog names initially) and only when I didn't get any response from the first post for a while, I started the second post with specific prog names in the post. However, based on the responses I got on both posts, they grew to have the same content, but that was not my intention.

I hope this forum is about helping people who are looking for information and suggestions/opinions, instead of finding faults with people. No one comes here to waste their or others' time - I hope people realize and respect that.

In any case, thanks to everyone who replied to either of my posts. All suggestions do help in making up my mind for the final decisions.
and if you look at the initial posts, one is general (didn't have prog info initially) and one more specific (did have prog info). however, I entered