Revised PCAT again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddie269

Still in shock...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a HUGE headache right now after studying for the PCAT out of Barron's PCAT book. Then I came here and read a few threads about the NEW revised PCAT. I am taking it in Nov and I was freaking out because I haven't done any gen chem in over 2 yrs.

I finished o-chem this summer and am currently taking microbio (helps a lot). So when i did the Barron's practices tests, I didn;t know most of the gen chem. However, now I hear that Gen. Chem is limited and replaced with o-chem (YAY!). and the math is a lot easier (YAY!).

So with that being said, how should one study for this new PCAT? I mean, did I just waste $17 on the stupid Barron's book? Is there a new book to buy to practice for the new revised PCAT?

Any info will help. (I already read the other PCAT thread on this page)

BTW, I am starting a new thread because a lot of the old PCAT threads I found dealt with the old test.

Members don't see this ad.

i took gen chem 2 years ago. the way i reviewed the gen chem was i borrowed the kaplan PCAT book from the library and revised all the basic formulas and different laws. i remember one question from gen chem on the October PCAT was about the law of multiple proportions. So i think it would help if you just review the fundamentals of each topic, u don't have to go insanely in depth.

eddie269 said:
Hi guys. I have a HUGE headache right now after studying for the PCAT out of Barron's PCAT book. Then I came here and read a few threads about the NEW revised PCAT. I am taking it in Nov and I was freaking out because I haven't done any gen chem in over 2 yrs.

I finished o-chem this summer and am currently taking microbio (helps a lot). So when i did the Barron's practices tests, I didn;t know most of the gen chem. However, now I hear that Gen. Chem is limited and replaced with o-chem (YAY!). and the math is a lot easier (YAY!).

So with that being said, how should one study for this new PCAT? I mean, did I just waste $17 on the stupid Barron's book? Is there a new book to buy to practice for the new revised PCAT?

Any info will help. (I already read the other PCAT thread on this page)

BTW, I am starting a new thread because a lot of the old PCAT threads I found dealt with the old test.

math was a lot harder for me, maybe because i wasnt expecting that many calculus questions. i havent reviewed calculus at all and havent taken calculus in 5 years. i forgot how to get the integral of something during the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
s13 said:
the way i reviewed the gen chem was i borrowed the kaplan PCAT book from the library.

Oh my goodness!!! I've never thought of that before. I just looked up my campus library's catalog and they have it!!! In the past, I looked from bookstores to my local library to get the latest study guides on PCAT and yet I was unable to until I discovered the college library :p . Now that I have found a good study guide with updated info, I can finally see what the PCAT is really all about!

I know I'm being a bit too excited about this, but today I have been feeling really good even though it's been packed. But... THANKS s13 !!! for the idea :D

I heard complaints about PCATprofessor.com. I think I'll give it a try unless someone convinces me otherwise.

eddie269 said:
I heard complaints about PCATprofessor.com. I think I'll give it a try unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I used it and found it quite helpful. Plus, they changed to accommodate the new changes in PCAT. Others on here have also used it with no complaints. There is another PCAT online website that I know some people didn't like, but I can't remember the name of it.

Holy crap, there's calculus on the PCAT now?? I would hate to be in the position where I had to take it. It's been a good 6 years since I've had calculus.
Guess I had good timing in entering pharmacy school when I did. :D

I didn't know where else to ask this question so I decided to ask here. I am taking the PCAT next saturday and have been studying using Kaplan's PCAT book. I know that there is supposed to be a lot of calculus on the exam now. My question is: Is there much geometry on the new PCAT? I am just trying to figure out if I should spend very much time reviewing the geometry section of the book or if I should expend my efforts on reviewing calculus.

Yes, some geometry.

ie: you have a triangle at: Angle X(a,b), Angle Y(c,d), AngleZ(e,f) what is the midpoint of the line formed from Angle Y to the midpoint of line X Z.

Again, please don't hold me to the exact format of the question, this is just to give a basic idea.

See ya all there on Saturday. :)