Reusing secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imagiraffe

Reaction score
After sitting on 4 waitlists this cycle I am reapplying this cycle. I'm not sure if schools give out similar secondaries year-to-year, but what is the consensus on reusing secondaries. Obviously, I don't plan on copying and pasting, but using the same topic? After a *very* long introspective search deep within the crevasses on my soul, I managed to pull out a diversity essay. Could I still use the same topic as any other topic is gonna be (even more-so) lame and forced? ALSO, what about reusing my "overcoming a failure" example? I haven't exactly failed at anything this past year (except for being accepted LOL).

Members don't see this ad.

Using the same ideas is fine. Rewording them, maybe offering a different perspective will be necessary. This is what I did when I reapplied and it worked out fine for me. Many schools did have veryyyy similar secondaries, some schools changed a question or 2 from year to year.

Also, if on 4 WLs, I'd recommend practicing interviewing for the next go-around should you need to interview again!

Using the same ideas is fine. Rewording them, maybe offering a different perspective will be necessary. This is what I did when I reapplied and it worked out fine for me. Many schools did have veryyyy similar secondaries, some schools changed a question or 2 from year to year.

Also, if on 4 WLs, I'd recommend practicing interviewing for the next go-around should you need to interview again!

Okay great, thank you! I didn't want to come off as lazy or something but will definitely rework the topics. And yeah I think I had a good amount of interviews considering the number of secondaries I sent in, but I really fell short at the interview. I think I just get too nervous and my brain turns to mush. Hopefully now with my experience from this cycle I will get that A next cycle!

Reactions: 1 users