Resident Run Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadOncDoc21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our residency program is heavily resident run when it comes to education and since our program is relatively small, most of my time is spent preparing for case conferences, journal club or didactics every couple of weeks.

I personally don't think it helps with my education and I don't understand why our attendings have the title of professor (associate, assistant, etc) when none of them teach!

Members don't see this ad.

Our residency program is heavily resident run when it comes to education and since our program is relatively small, most of my time is spent preparing for case conferences, journal club or didactics every couple of weeks.

I personally don't think it helps with my education and I don't understand why our attendings have the title of professor (associate, assistant, etc) when none of them teach!

Some of the smaller programs can be like that. It sucks, but remember that saying that you learn best what you teach. Having prepared (like you) for many of those things, I wholeheartedly agree with that. You will need to learn the material well for written and oral boards, and eventually in practice. Having to prepare material to teach others may seem useless, but it really will help you learn it (it did for me).