residency question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lafootdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, im gonna be starting podiatry school in frisco in aug but i just got a really quick question that i was wondering if i could get some clarity on.

I heard that there are more podiatric residency spots available right now then there are students. Is this true? I want to eventually get either a 2 or 3 year residency program but am questioning if there will be any available when i get out, and the difficulty of attaining one?

Does anyone know anything about this?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

lafootdoc said:
hey everyone, im gonna be starting podiatry school in frisco in aug but i just got a really quick question that i was wondering if i could get some clarity on.

I heard that there are more podiatric residency spots available right now then there are students. Is this true? I want to eventually get either a 2 or 3 year residency program but am questioning if there will be any available when i get out, and the difficulty of attaining one?

Does anyone know anything about this?
thanks

Right now there are approximately 150 or so more residency spots in the country than there are students. I've heard that if a residency spot is not filled in 2 or 3 consecutive years, then the program/spot has to close down. There is no way to predict how it will be in 4 years from now.