Residency Applicant Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has a ballpark idea of how many applicants/interviewees a 3 year residency program receives per year? Obviously the more competitive programs will receive more applicants I'm sure, but can anyone give an approximate number of applicants as it may apply to a more well-known program as compared to a more average program?? Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anybody has a ballpark idea of how many applicants/interviewees a 3 year residency program receives per year? Obviously the more competitive programs will receive more applicants I'm sure, but can anyone give an approximate number of applicants as it may apply to a more well-known program as compared to a more average program?? Thanks for any input.

The only way for one to find out how many applicants are applying to a specific program would be to contact the residency program directly. However, each residency program do get the overall average applicants per position annually when the residency programs receive the applicants files from AACPM / CASPR. The residency programs should be receiving the stuff this week. I will post the overall average number of applicants per position for the this year when I get the info. Of course, one would expect to see the number of applicants per position will increase over time given the increased number of Podiatry students.

Sounds great. Thanks, I look forward to getting to see those numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
MarquetteGuy, I just check through the applicant files that we got from AACPM/CASPR yesterday. This year, they did NOT report the average number of applicant per position this year in the materials.