Other Research! Research! Research!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HarveyR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been hearing from people about research for quite a while and I wondering what on earth would I be expected to research on?
I am studying Czech Republic and damn all of our professors are in research ESPECIALLY cancer.
I am in international Medical graduate and I am willing to so some research but i have no idea on what? Does it have to be as per my speciality? like specific to my speciality? Or do I just go and do it? Thus is serious stuff and i have the chance to publish. So if i get the position should I just you simply do it?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest take what you get at this point. If you get published, it'll only look good on your resume. During interviews, you could spin this two ways: 1) it's too soon to decide, and during my IM residency I might possibly get swayed towards onc
2) I was very interested in research, learning research methodology etc, and this was the only option available. You could of course add as to how it benefited you, what you learnt etc.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user