Reply on Dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pete6277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all schools give their decisions on Dec 1st?

Members don't see this ad.

From older threads, it looks NOVA sends out snail mail acceptances that sometimes get received before December 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
From older threads, it looks NOVA sends out snail mail acceptances that sometimes get received before December 1st
If they are doing that it is in violation of ADEA policy that each dental school has agreed to.

"Dental schools begin notifying applicants, either orally or in writing, of provisional or final acceptance no earlier than December 1 of the academic year prior to the academic year of matriculation."
ADEA Rules for Extending Offers of Admission to Dental School,
approved March 2010, ADEA House of Delegates

If they are doing that it is in violation of ADEA policy that each dental school has agreed to.

"Dental schools begin notifying applicants, either orally or in writing, of provisional or final acceptance no earlier than December 1 of the academic year prior to the academic year of matriculation."
I'm aware of the rule, just reporting what I saw. Don't shoot the messenger!! lol

Reactions: 3 users

Apparently they send them so they can arrive on Dec. 1st, but they arrive earlier most of the time.

Apparently they send them so they can arrive on Dec. 1st, but they arrive earlier most of the time.

Is this real? Never really heard of people getting their acceptance surprise early in snail mail. It'd make sense that they'd send them before December 1st but it's probably really hard to coordinate arrival times with people all over the country, so I'm wondering if this might be a thing.

So my friends who interview at med schools and pharm schools about the same time that I do (September) already hear back from schools. Why can't dental schools give out early acceptances like med and pharm?

Is this real? Never really heard of people getting their acceptance surprise early in snail mail. It'd make sense that they'd send them before December 1st but it's probably really hard to coordinate arrival times with people all over the country, so I'm wondering if this might be a thing.

All I know is that it's real for people from Florida, according to last years thread they arrived Nov 29th-30th.

Reactions: 1 users
I literally just looked through the thread and saw that, was coming back here to confirm haha.
All I know is that it's real for people from Florida, according to last years thread they arrived Nov 29th-30th.

So my friends who interview at med schools and pharm schools about the same time that I do (September) already hear back from schools. Why can't dental schools give out early acceptances like med and pharm?
Why is the sky blue?

Yes. I think last year NOVA sent letters out dated 12/1, but people received them on 11/27

At my NOVA interview, the dean of admissions told us that they send out acceptance letters a few days before December 1st. Depending on where you are in the country it would possible to get the letter before you get the phone call.

Do they send to your preferred or permanent address on aadsas? I've gotten mail to both addresses from multiple schools.

The reason I ask: I'm assuming the acceptance letters are bigger packages with lots of information. I received all small mail to my preferred address, but a bigger USB package from Louisville went to my permanent address. I'd be real sad if my parents knew I got into dental school before I did.

Last edited:
Do they send to your preferred or permanent address on aadsas? I've gotten mail to both addresses from multiple schools.

The reason I ask: I'm assuming the acceptance letters are bigger packages with lots of information. I received all small mail to my preferred address, but a bigger USB package from Louisville went to my permanent address. I'd be real sad if my parents knew I got into dental school before I did.
Tell your parents that it is against the law to open another persons mail.

Reactions: 1 user