Remediating a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sartino404

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey friends,

My school has an 18 month preclinical, and we had a two week rheum block that I had to remediate because I failed the final by 1 percent. I will have a PR on my transcript for this. I'm thinking of applying into academic IM programs and eventually wanting to go into IM specialties like cards, is that still an option for me?

Members don't see this ad.

One preclinical remediation is not going to take you out of the running for academic IM programs, but obviously would be good to dissect why it happened and make improvements so you can do well on future exams.

Reactions: 1 users
One preclinical remediation is not going to take you out of the running for academic IM programs, but obviously would be good to dissect why it happened and make improvements so you can do well on future exams.
Do you know the degree to which its a red flag? Like, is it very serious and something ill have to be explaining throughout the application cycle?

Do you know the degree to which its a red flag? Like, is it very serious and something ill have to be explaining throughout the application cycle?
Remediating a class and everything else looks good? I would not think so since it's preclinical. If it's coupled with other remediations, or a borderline STEP 1/2 then it's difficult to overlook as an isolated thing.

Reactions: 1 users