registration for OAT

lc817

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for some reason, they delayed my registration! so now i can't sign up for a date until i get cleared by them this friday. So i was wondering -what are the chances of getting to take it by early next week!? (so i can finally start my_ summer!)

Members don't see this ad.

lc817 said:
for some reason, they delayed my registration! so now i can't sign up for a date until i get cleared by them this friday. So i was wondering -what are the chances of getting to take it by early next week!? (so i can finally start my_ summer!)

I guess it depends where you live and how busy your test centre is. I called to book my OAT in June....and the soonest they could get me in was October. So, I found another test centre....

I had a horrible time signing up for the OAT and also figuring out where I was actually taking the test. I would keep talking to them and bugging them to make sure things are moving along. I had to recheck that I was signed up for the test 7 times, and I still wasn't completely satisfied come test day

How long does it usually take to get the letter in the mail saying that you are "cleared" and that gives you the phone # to call and book the test?
I registered a few weeks ago but still havn't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
cansnowflake said:
How long does it usually take to get the letter in the mail saying that you are "cleared" and that gives you the phone # to call and book the test?
I registered a few weeks ago but still havn't heard anything.

Yeah, mine only took a couple of weeks. I would give them a call if it doesn't come soon!

i think my certain situation is taking so long is because i applied for fee waiver and needs special approval. So im thinking if i should just sign up online and pay for it full price on credit card and get on with it. However, Sharla-u mentioned it took a couple of weeks? was that when you applied online and paid by credit card? geez this is soo annoying because i called the woman at the OAT center and she was really rude and no help what so ever!

After I applied online it only took 2 and half weeks i think to get the letter. Alot of ppl have troubles with the OAT call center, I personally had no trouble at all. The 2nd problem is that website they tell you to use, it doesnt work at all. I couldnt register for it online, but your suppose to be able to. The only thing I could do with my appointment after it was made was confirm it, but it wouldnt let me change it or anything like that.

lc817 said:
i think my certain situation is taking so long is because i applied for fee waiver and needs special approval. So im thinking if i should just sign up online and pay for it full price on credit card and get on with it. However, Sharla-u mentioned it took a couple of weeks? was that when you applied online and paid by credit card? geez this is soo annoying because i called the woman at the OAT center and she was really rude and no help what so ever!

Yeah, that is exactly what I did. Online and paid for it with a credit card. I hope everything works out for you soon!

Canadian26 said:
After I applied online it only took 2 and half weeks i think to get the letter. Alot of ppl have troubles with the OAT call center, I personally had no trouble at all. The 2nd problem is that website they tell you to use, it doesnt work at all. I couldnt register for it online, but your suppose to be able to. The only thing I could do with my appointment after it was made was confirm it, but it wouldnt let me change it or anything like that.

I thought I was the only person that had problems with their website! I was able to book the appointment, and then was not able to do anything afterwards on the website...not even a confirmation! So, I had to phone to change it and I sure got the run around from those people! I had to speak with four different people before I finally got things straightened out. During one of the conversations, I called to change my test center. I'm Canadian, so I said I would like it moved to Edmonton. They said they don't do testing outside of the US and then HUNG UP ON ME!!! You sure do testing outside the US considering I ALREADY HAVE A TEST BOOKED!! It definitely was not pleasant dealing with these people....